So, my wife confirmed... (Read 888 times)

Lia's Daddy

That my left leg is bigger than my right. Well specifically the left calf. I'm not sure that it is bigger, but it is definitely shaped different. The right calf muscle seems longer and seems to extend down closer to the ankle. The left one seems to be bigger higher? Is this unusual? Has anyone else noticed this (in you, not in me). I think it always has been this way for me but It does seem a little strange.
    "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen
    JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Perhaps you should run your running route the other direction. You know, to even out your legs. Yes
      "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

Lia's Daddy

Great suggestion! You might have really just saved me because the only thing I could come up with was to run the same route backwards. Wink
        "Stadiums are for spectators. We runners have nature and that is much better." Juha "the Cruel" Väätäinen
        JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Hah! What do you teach?

Lia's Daddy

Believe it or not...Special Ed. - Middle School.
            JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Fun. Big grin I am Kindergarten. Smile Jilly
                I think I have the same problem, and I am sure it is from running. When I started running I was pretty heavy for my height and thought it would be easier on my joints to stay on the track til the weight came down. I ran around the track without switching directions and developed a serious tightness in my left hip, which was the one on the "inside". So, my problem is way up in the left hip. I no longer run on the track, but this tightness persists.

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

My right calf is like that. My left looks better and it would be nice if they matched, but I don't obsess about it. A stranger would have to really be eyeballing me to notice it.
                    I have to admit that I had a chuckle at the running backwards suggestion....I'm wondering though, have you ever had someone watch your running style. Is it possible that your running gait favours one side more than the other, and making one leg work harder?