"It's not how you start...but how you finish...!" (Read 1094 times)

2008 Philly Trifecta

Well, I just realized 8/18 marks 2 full months of running. I only missed a few runs due to vacation and some knee pain. It also marks the 3mo until my 1/2 Marathon on 11/18!!! Surprised Some highlights of the last 2 months: Starting weight: 238.5 Current weight: 228 Starting 3mi: 39:32/13:11 Current 3mi: 35:11/11:44 Starting long run: 4mi -52:06/13:02 Current long run: 6.1mi 1:20:11/13:09 Thanks to all for your past comments and encouragement...it means more than you know!!! Wink Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
    2008 Philly Trifecta:
    10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
    Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
    Philly Marathon-11/23
    "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"

It was two years ago, but I remember the finish of my first HM like it was yesterday. It's hard to imagine being that tired and that happy at the same time, it's just the best feeling. Keep up the great work!

E.J.
      Greater Lowell Road Runners
      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It was two years ago, but I remember the finish of my first HM like it was yesterday. It's hard to imagine being that tired and that happy at the same time, it's just the best feeling. Keep up the great work!
        Ditto...except mine was almost a year ago. One of the best moments of my life was crossing that finish line! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

It's hard to imagine being that tired and that happy at the same time, it's just the best feeling.
          Mine was only a little less than 3 months ago and I totally agree! Keep up the good work, Dave!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

You're doing great Dave - congratulations! I started out at 222 pounds on 1/8, run/walking 3 miles on the treadmill. I'm currently at 183, ran the Broad Street 10 miler in May, and I'm registered for my first HM next month. I've dropped my average pace from 11:45/mile to 9:17/mile. I've walked (run) in your shoes, and as you know, the accomplishment feels great. If it hasn't started already, you'll also get a real ego boost when people start making comments like "Did you change something? You really look great." It's also really cool, even for a cheapskate like me, when you have to go and buy new pants and belts. Big grin

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

2008 Philly Trifecta

You're doing great Dave - congratulations! I started out at 222 pounds on 1/8, run/walking 3 miles on the treadmill. I'm currently at 183, ran the Broad Street 10 miler in May, and I'm registered for my first HM next month. I've dropped my average pace from 11:45/mile to 9:17/mile. It's also really cool, even for a cheapskate like me, when you have to go and buy new pants and belts. Big grin
              Thanks JVol44...that's extremely encouraging. I'm currently averaging about an 11:45mm, can hardly wait for a sub 10mm. Also, thanks to Ed, K & Mike! Hope to join the 1/2 Marathon finishers ranking soon! Wink Dave

***Check out my site: where I've been, and where I'm going @ releasetherunner.blogspot.com
              2008 Philly Trifecta:
              10 Mile Broad St Run-5/4
              Philly Distance Run HM-9/21
              Philly Marathon-11/23
              "A goal not written down is only a dream...!"