Podrunner: Intervals launches February 1, 2008 (Read 755 times)

dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

bunnyrunner-- No plans to stop any time soon! I dunno how you guys do these 20-mile runs. I'm exhausted if I drive that far. And, living in L.A., it probably takes me longer to drive 20 miles than it takes you to run it. Smile
    Steve Boyett
    Podrunner: Free, nonstop, fixed-BPM workout music mixes.
    Podrunner: Intervals - Free, varied-BPM workout music mixes!

Where's my coffee?

Podrunner Rocks!!!! Thank you Steve for launching such an amazing resource. You have been an absolute saint to keep on top of your podcasts and dedicate so much of your time to this. I am so glad that you got a sponsor to help defray the costs a bit. I have always wondered . . . do you have a "regular" day job???? I seriously don't know how you could with all the time you must spend mixing tracks, etc. Thanks so much for all your hard work. I love your podcasts and they make up about 99% of what I run to when I have my iPod. All hail DJ Steve Boy!!!
      My sport is your sport's punishment!
      dj steve boyett

Reluctant Scrooge

Hexemom-- Thanks for your kind comments, and for listening! I took the plunge early last year and became one of the first people to make a living (if you could call it that) primarily as a podcaster. Podrunner and Groovelectric easily take up five full days a week (I outlined the process in an earlier Run Time newsletter). The combination of listener donations and recent sponsorship has let me get by while I build Podrunner. I've made a living as a fiction writer, martial-arts instructor, and (heh) paper marbler, and I'm pretty familiar with living by the seat of my pants. I have a lot of faith in my work, and I've learned to have enormous faith in my audience; it has been an amazing and honestly humbling lesson in my life. It can be scary to get by like this, but I have found it much more rewarding to live on ramen on my own terms than to live on steak on someone else's. We also have new sponsorship coming up in February that will make the overhead (licensing, legal, site builds, you name it) and effort a less dicey proposition, and I'm pretty stoked about it. We'll also be launching a dedicated website. This will be relatively simple at first but we will quickly be adding resources for listeners. This has all taken a lot of time, work, negotiation, and overhead, but I'm very excited about what's going on. This may sound odd, but one of the coolest aspects of all of this is figuring out how much we can do for listeners and still have a revenue stream while keeping the whole thing absolutely free.
        Steve Boyett
        Podrunner: Free, nonstop, fixed-BPM workout music mixes.
        Podrunner: Intervals - Free, varied-BPM workout music mixes!
        msl

I am in heaven...My laptop was out of commission due to a blown power cord, and, I managed to wash my iPod with my running jacket. Just for everyone's information...an iPod does not withstand the washing machine. Think I could sue Apple for not putting that on the instructions? Wink Got a new iPod for Christmas with specific care instructions from DH... Today, I got the power cord in the mail today and I have my entire library of Podrunner dating back to 2/2006! Life is good! I have told Steve before...Lifter is my all time favorite mix! Guys...if you haven't subscribed to Podrunner....get busy!