5km personal record & pace record today!!! (Read 842 times)

Now that was a bath...

Now shhhhhhh. Nobody shout at me. I fully realise that I am on the second day training back from my knee injury but I was amazed at the ease of this one. My flattest course is the one I used for the 5k virtual race so I decided to use that as today's run. I kept a steady pace that felt easy but realised at the half way point that I was doing well. Last time I did this run I went out too hard and had to walk severaL times on the return leg. Today I was the tortoise instead of the hare and I managed a 27:28 5k with an 8:51 pace. That's the first time I have ever run at a sub 9 minute mile! It felt easy too. I am sure that when my injury recovers I can shave some time off that with ease. Last time I ran this it took me 28:59 so I took 1 minute 31 seconds off my time. Claire xxx
  • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
  • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.
    Wingz

Professional Noob

SHAME ON YOU!! BAD RUNNER. congrats. Big grin Now go ice.

Roads were made for journeys...

Now that was a bath...

Icing as I type Tongue
      • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
      • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.

Prophet!

amazing what rest can do to your pace Smile ..i had my first sub 9m/m (8:56 pace) on a 3m run two weeks after my marathon when i was barely running. Once your injury clears up you're looking at sub 8 minute mile Big grin
            So much for taking it easy, right? Big grin Congratulations, Claire. You are unstoppable. Ewa
            I would rather wear out than rust out. - Helen Klein You create your own universe as you go along. - Winston Churchill
            RunningHammer

Now shhhhhhh. Nobody shout at me. I fully realise that I am on the second day training back from my knee injury but I was amazed at the ease of this one. My flattest course is the one I used for the 5k virtual race so I decided to use that as today's run. I kept a steady pace that felt easy but realised at the half way point that I was doing well. Last time I did this run I went out too hard and had to walk severaL times on the return leg. Today I was the tortoise instead of the hare and I managed a 27:28 5k with an 8:51 pace. That's the first time I have ever run at a sub 9 minute mile! It felt easy too. I am sure that when my injury recovers I can shave some time off that with ease. Last time I ran this it took me 28:59 so I took 1 minute 31 seconds off my time. Claire xxx
              Oi ! You can't go that quick, you'll overtake me !!! Evil grin Well done, looks like your first race is going to be a belter !
              va

I kept a steady pace that felt easy but realised at the half way point that I was doing well. Last time I did this run I went out too hard and had to walk severaL times on the return leg. Today I was the tortoise instead of the hare and I managed a 27:28 5k with an 8:51 pace.
                Excellent! "Slow but steady wins the race!".

Finished!

well done Big grin Glad to read you're icing as you type! Looks like you're well and truely on your way to recovery!
                  Walk + Jog = wog.
                  I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                  I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                    Well done!
                    My Masters (>50) Race PR's: 5K - 20:17 10K - 42:36 HM - 1:31:22 Marathon - 3:20:48
                    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Silly girl...but that rocks!!! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay