Can't reassign run entry when deleting course (Read 48 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I have a number of workouts on a course called Normal & J with Witherbee; I have one called Normal and J with Witherbee.  I was going to delete the latter course to consolidate it with the former, and as expected, it told me I have a run on that course and I would need to assign it to a different course. Unfortunately, the list of courses to select from ends somewhere in the Ls, so I can't assign the run to Normal & J with Witherbee.  Typing "normal" to filter the list just makes the list shorter, still lacking anything beyond L.

I'm just pointing out an obscure curiosity, in case you're interested in looking into it.  I suspect I could just edit the one workout and change its course, then delete the superfluous course.  I'll leave it as is for now, in case you want to see it.

LL

You can also just copy the name of the course you want to assign runs to and then paste it in (or just type the whole name of it) and skip the drop down list altogether.

Runners run

kcam

Another way is to display the list of your Courses, go to the 3rd page and you can delete the one you want.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

True and true.  Just pointing out a curiosity.  If Eric is like me, he'll want to see why it's doing that (time permitting).

eric :)

Hi LedLincoln,

I think I know what the problem is.  I'll have it fixed by tonight.

eric Smile

kcam

True and true.  Just pointing out a curiosity.  If Eric is like me, he'll want to see why it's doing that (time permitting).

As we can see Eric is all over stuff like this!  Time for me to make another donation.

BTW, I responded to your post because, coincidentally, I just spent a little time 'cleaning up' some of my extraneous courses (similar to the situation in your original post) and I didn't experience the same issue you did.  Sometimes it would take a second or two or three to pull up courses but they did come up.  Interesting.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Hi LedLincoln,

I think I know what the problem is.  I'll have it fixed by tonight.

eric Smile

Thanks, I thought I'd get a response like this! Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

As we can see Eric is all over stuff like this!  Time for me to make another donation.

BTW, I responded to your post because, coincidentally, I just spent a little time 'cleaning up' some of my extraneous courses (similar to the situation in your original post) and I didn't experience the same issue you did.  Sometimes it would take a second or two or three to pull up courses but they did come up.  Interesting.

Yep.

I've deployed the fix.  Let me know if you're still having problems.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Partially fixed.  The dropdown list of courses still stops on some of the LI-s, but after I type a couple of letters ("nor"), fills in the course I'm looking for.  I select it and click the Assign button and get this confirmation dialog, which seems to be missing something:

After clicking OK, it's apparently a fail:

I should have clicked the button during testing.  It turned out I hooked up the request to a different endpoint so it returned a different set of data.  It has been fixed.

eric Smile

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Confirmed, it works perfectly.  Thanks once again, Eric! Smile