New marathon in Quebec will be fast (Read 123 times)

Cyberic

http://runningmagazine.ca/marathon-ptit-train-du-nord-aims-to-be-north-americas-fastest-42-2k/

Living in Montreal, I've known about this before it was announced officially, but I thought it might interest some BQ chasers from further away. This year will be first edition, so no runner feedback yet.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I didn't realize it is a trail run too. I hope it's successful! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Hoban-Jay

That is so awesome!  I hope I can it run it!

I used to do consulting work for a client in Laval, and loved every minute I spent there.  Being in Montreal is being in a whole different world!!!

Toronto

Seven Deadly Shins

it's a rail-to-trail, packed dirt/gravel surface.  Should be a blast, and the scenery sure is beautiful.

keeponrunning

This is going on my bucket list Smile

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Cyberic

it's a rail-to-trail, packed dirt/gravel surface.  Should be a blast, and the scenery sure is beautiful.

Yep. No hill a train could not climb so it should be smooth. The run portion of Iron Man Mont-Tremblant is done on that trail (it's a loooooong trail).

The only thing I'm worried about is the start. A rail trail isn't that wide, so I'm afraid there will be traffic in the beginning. But maybe they thought of that and came up with a strategy to minimize it.