April 11, 2018 outage (Read 111 times)

eric :)

Hi all,

RA was offline from 8:08 PM EDT to 9:48 PM EDT today. Without going into too much detail, the problem was caused by the latest  Microsoft monthly update, which changed the network adapter configuration such that the web servers got new IP addresses. The firewall noticed the change and blocked their access.

Such mishaps from security updates have caused outage problems in the past. The web servers were configured to stagger the updates, in the hopes to limit the damage from problematic updates. This one somehow slipped through.

eric Smile

Lane

You recovered the site so quickly!  Good work!

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for the update, Eric. I panicked briefly when I couldn't log my run last night!  But I knew you would be on top of the situation quickly.  Smile

DonnaMoores

Thank you for shring this information.

Seeking an answer to persistent backaches from prolonged sitting, https://corechair.com/is-sitting-on-an-ergonomic-stool-good-for-your-back/ became an invaluable resource. The guide was convincing enough to try an ergonomic stool. The change was instantaneous - fewer aches and much more comfort. Truly, an investment worth every penny.