Feel like I've been hit with a 2x4 (Read 650 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ack, I've never felt so crappy the day after a race. Everything is tight (even my middle back--kind of the backside of my rib cage...I'm guessing from breathing so hard) and a little achey and I don't want to do anything more than lie in bed. I had thoughts of running 3-4 miles today just to loosen-up (and it is GORGEOUS outside...I could even don a skirt for a run), but no friggin' way. Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Sorry, you feel bad today - but get out there and go for a walk - gentle nudge to the circulation will probably feel good. Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm thinking about doing that. Or even just going to the store to pick up some groceries. At least that would get me moving a bit. More than achey I feel so wiped-out--like all the caffeine in the world wouldn't wake me up. Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

if you can post, you can run! Big grin
          The danger of civilization, of course, is that you will piss away your life on nonsense. Jim Harrison
          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

if you can post, you can run! Big grin
            Uhh...my fingers aren't tired! Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

If I do run it will have to be later as did is getting ready to do a bike ride. He'll likely be gone for several hours. k

~ Sarah Kay

ugh! hope it wears off soon. I'm dreading tomorrow too. Maybe pop an advil?

Jennifer mm#1231

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'm actually feeling better as the day goes on...it's almost like a hangover. I've been drinking plenty of fluids, too. And I got out in the yard and did a little fertilizing and watering of my plants, so that helped, too. Mid-back still hurts, but I have a feeling that by tomorrow that will have improved. Was your race today, or is it tomorrow? k

~ Sarah Kay

ughhhh Sad sorry to hear how your feeling. Nothing wrong with taking today off and recovering. I'm sure you'll be up running first thing tomorrow!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I'd like to run tomorrow, but we have t-storms in the forecast, so I think tomorrow I will do my weights workout and run on Tues. By then I should really be itching to put some miles in! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

Feel better Zoomy Sad
                        2009: BQ?
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Feel better Zoomy Sad
                          I already am. As the day goes by I am feeling much better. Still tired, but by tomorrow I think I should be back to feeling pretty strong. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay