Wrong Turn At Marathon (Read 696 times)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IduFxf7ND_s

Brief video of a Japanese marathoner making a wrong turn. (30 seconds)

--JimmyCool

log   prs      Crusted Salt comic #142

OUCH!!!!  Can't imagine after running 26 miles to blow it like that at the end. 

Looked like he had it won.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:48:09; HM 1:43:26; 10K 44:51; 5K 21:27

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Felt terrible just watching it.

Can anyone tell me what the sash is for?

2014 Goals:  sub-3 Marathon ("Congrats! It's tough to race with poop in the mind" --Wing)

Current Status 03/17: Drinking beer and eating crap -- all the things I couldn't do before the marathon

Fat butt on couch

Looks like they were not directed correctly....very natural to follow that truck, especially when you are probably not thinking all that clearly anymore.

I was misdirected 150yds from a marathon finish once.  It did not cost me a place but yeah, it sucked.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

DoppleBock

I was completely gone mentally at a hot and humid Grandmas - About 1/4 to /12 mile from end I started to turn left and the person realed me in quickly to go right.  From being on the wrong side of the road and taking a step or 2 the wrong way it cost me 2-5 seconds.  That year I ran a 2:50:00 - Piss

http://a-big-horse.blogspot.com/ 

2013 Goals ~ Mar < 3:00, 5M < 29, 10k < 35  

The video was described as funny, but anyone who races wouldn't find it so. The guy looked like he was about to win.

log   prs      Crusted Salt comic #142

Felt terrible just watching it.

Can anyone tell me what the sash is for?

It's not a marathon - it's a Japanese relay, or Ekiden, The sash is passed between the runners. I think this was one of the longer, 2-day, events so these guys were probably pretty tired...

Goal: Age grade over 80% on a certified course.