Garmin forerunner 305, unable to upload (Read 655 times)

jenn262

The site is detecting my Garmin, but is not recognizing my new workouts....any ideas on this? I'm running on Windows Vista. Thks Jenn
    itsonlyme

Sometimes for some unknown reason it takes me several trys to get mine to upload completely, sometimes it just stalls out. I unplug it, close the window and try again firmly pushing down on my watch, I have thought that maybe my contacts needed cleaning off but I have absolutely no trouble getting it to completely download on my Garmin trainer. Beats me, I would like to know a good solution myself it gets very time consuming trying to get my data to download over and over. Good luck
      eric :)

jenn262,

I see GPS imported workouts in your log.  Could it be that you have already imported all your workouts?  Could you try unchecking the "Import new workouts only" option and see what happens?

eric :-)

I have this issue every so often but what I figured out works for me is I have to many workouts on my Garmin watch.  If I clear them, it works fine until it gets to full again.

Eric, thanks for your support.  You do a phenomenal job!!

Happy Running,
          Troy
          "Start with your Head, Finish with your Heart!"

I have this issue every once in awhile, but what I've learned is after I get so many workouts on my Garmin it has issues uploading to this site.  My fix is once it starts doing that, I clear all the old workouts from my Garmin watch.
            Happy Running,
            Troy
            "Start with your Head, Finish with your Heart!"

eric :)

Every so often, your Garmin may get confused and stops responding to the Garmin Communicator plugin.  The only reliable way to fix it is by holding the mode and reset button for several seconds.  It doesn't erase your data, but it does get it unstuck and allow you to upload all your data.