CloudLine wool socks - good value? (Read 92 times)

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

I have a few pairs of SmartWool socks which I like for running but I also get ice cold feet in winter so I was looking for some wool socks for normal wear too. Obviously $15-18 per pair of socks is not a price I want to pay for socks to wear around the house. I came upon CloudLine socks today which they have a 30% off code valid until tomorrow and I found a 3-pack of wool running socks for $40. With the 30% off and free shipping, this comes to be $9 per pair which is a very reasonable price.

Anyone have CloudLine wool running socks and comments about how they compare to SmartWool?

https://www.cloudlineapparel.com/collections/sock-3-packs/products/3-pack-no-show-running-sock-light-cushion

Memphis / 38 male

5k - 20:39 / 10k - 43:48 / Half - 1:34:47 / Full - 3:38:10

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I've worn out all my many SmartWool and Icebreaker (wool) socks.  So, this deal is just too good to pass up.  Going to give them a chance.  Bought some Ultra thin running and Ultra-thin hiking boots.

(Do people buy a size-bigger running shoe for winter, just to have some "mid-weight" cushioned socks to run in?)

Thanks for the tip, AndyTN

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I've had some Cloudlines. They're good socks! I often find great merino deals at Sierra Trading Post and Steep & Cheap, too.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Mine arrived yesterday.  Took them out for a 16 and felt good.  As long as these do not shrink, it will be a good investment.

(I don't own a dryer, and never use even warm water for washing, but I have a few non-Icebreaker/Smartwool socks that started okay, and ended up toddler sized)

Luciplay

Your money is better spent on Darn Tough.

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

I like mine so far. They feel like plush poly-blend socks more that wool so I commend the soft feel for almost 60% Merino wool. I will say they are a bit too large for me and I'm hoping they will shrink a bit so it will be nice to be able to dry them on low setting with normal laundry.

Memphis / 38 male

Za Nina

Any expericence with Stoic socks?

kcam

No experience with Stoic but I did buy some Cloudlines after reading the thread. They are very soft and thicker than almost all of my other socks.  I like socks to be very thin for the most part but I am really enjoying longer runs with these socks (especially in the cooler weather) and the comfort of all that plushness.  I'd buy them again for the price.  Agree that they do run a little larger than my other socks.

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

Reporting in after two years.

These have become the only socks I wear: running or not.  I think I have 9 pairs, and only one has developed a hole in the base.   The company offers an unrestricted lifetime warranty, but I haven't tried it (I mean, one sock?).  Instead, I just bought 12 more of the ultra-lite pairs.

Washing them in cold water only, they haven't shrunk and still fit snugly.

Thanks AndyTN for turning me on to these.

kcam

I still feel the same about the two pairs I bought.  They're just a little too thick for my preferences but I love wearing them for cold morning winter runs, like this morning's.  They are plush and warm and have held up great for the year and a half I've had them.  Recommend.

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

The socks I purchased 2 years ago referenced in this original post are on my feet right now. None of mine have any wear at all but the merino sure does stick to my wife's blond hair on the floor around our house so I guess they work as Swiffer pads too. I still run in Balega socks in the summer but as soon as the temps get down into the 50's, I am only wearing these merino socks because I get cold feet.

I have the medium-cushion hiking socks for wearing in my casual boots in winter. I bought a few pairs of thin socks for my wife to run in and I bought a few pairs of hiking socks for my brother. I just wish they would make some dress socks to wear to the office as the hiking socks don't look good with dress slacks.

I am going to check their website a few times in the next week to see if they have any black friday sales. That 30% off sale from 2 years ago was a pretty good deal.

Memphis / 38 male

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

Sure enough, I just browsed their website and they do sell dress socks now. I will have to get a few pairs for work.

Memphis / 38 male

AndyTN

Overweight per CDC BMI

25% off right now with promo code GIFTADVENTURE

Memphis / 38 male

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

So, here in Chicago we've been plagued with "Lobby Shoppers" this time of year.  One guy broke into our lobby and actually opened all the packages to take only what he wanted.  Apparently wool socks are a hot item on the Chicago black market.

I fret about this for a weeks, because my $130+ order of socks was financially exuberant/questionable in the first place. But today I emailed Cloudline to see if they could help me out.  Was hoping for something between "sure, we'll re-deliver at cost" or "we'll still honor your original discount code, and give you free shipping" or something.  Instead, Sara of Cloudline wrote me back promptly: "let's just resend you the order."

Wow.

So, now I'm a customer for life.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Instead, Sara of Cloudline wrote me back promptly: "let's just resend you the order."

Wow.

So, now I'm a customer for life.

Off to peruse their site for a look-see. I've got a few pair of threadbare socks that could use replacing, ATM.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay