Left foot went numb at 3 mile mark (Read 2386 times)

The Thunder

I don't think anyone meant to run more - TODAY -- I think they meant that after a few months of running the problem will go away....it did for me --- think you just need more time running -- keeping your mileage and slowly building....but don go out and run 5 miles if you not usually doing so......just do what you do and let your body get used to your running. Don't run more then you are ready for Big grin
    No. I meant to run more today. Friday is good. It's just 5 miles people, C'mon! He's a fit, skinny young man. He ran XC in high school. The kid can put away a 5 miler.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

I probably could. Whenever I stop It's only because of my foot not because Im out of breath...
      2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.

Go Pre!

I probably could. Whenever I stop It's only because of my foot not because Im out of breath...
        Oh?
        Im not really to the level where I can run 20 minutes past 3 miles, but when I get there Ill try it out and see if it goes away then
          Thats why I used probably. I was under the impression I should work my mileage up slowly. I don't know it seems you guys seem more concerned at trying to catch me in lies than actually helping. And thunder, no where did I ever say I was fit. Just because Im young doesn't mean you can talk down to me.
          2009 Goals: Run 5x a week, Iron Horse Half-Marathon on a 6-month C2HM Program that completely made up and is probably unhealthy.

The Thunder

Thats why I used probably. I was under the impression I should work my mileage up slowly. I don't know it seems you guys seem more concerned at trying to catch me in lies than actually helping. And thunder, no where did I ever say I was fit. Just because Im young doesn't mean you can talk down to me.
            Hey dick, I was being serious. You're like 19 and skinny, you were running HS XC a year ago...you are fit. Lots of people here are trying to shed major lbs, you've got a great head start on most people that are trying to get started with their running.

Lazy idiot

And for what it's worth, this is like elementary school. When Thunder talks down to you, that means he sees promise or likes you. You may not be your definition of fit, but I'd wager you can knock out a five miler okay.

Tick tock

The Thunder

And for what it's worth, this is like elementary school. When Thunder talks down to you, that means he sees promise or likes you. You may not be your definition of fit, but I'd wager you can knock out a five miler okay.
                YOU SHUT RIGHT UP! I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE BALLS!!!!!

Lazy idiot

YOU SHUT RIGHT UP! I WILL PUNCH YOU IN THE BALLS!!!!!
                  OK, OK!!! I'll do a 5-miler, too.

Tick tock

Thunder, back off. That was totally uncalled for. Save the name calling for me.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

xor

Dude, one of your very first posts was about feeling outcast. A great many people have been trying to help you and be nice... involving you in real life running groups, helping you with shoes, etc. Having read some of thunder's stuff, I gotta say, his posts in this thread seem to be pretty upbeat, sincere, and helpful. As for catching you in lies: NO. Not at all. You have made a couple different threads where you are seeking help... first with shoes, then with this numbness thing... and frankly, you have been kind of confusing along the way. Some folks are walking on eggshells to help save and develop your psyche, some folks maybe not as much. Don't think of it as catching you lies... at the lie/truth level, we're just not that interested. Think of it as "requesting clarification". It is a bit harder to help you if we don't understand. It's a whole lot harder to help if we don't understand AND you get tweeked out. Breathe. I dunno whether you can run 5 miles or not, but I do agree that "it's 5 miles". If you can run 3, you can try to run 5. And if that doesn't work for you, you can walk some of it. As for numbness, I dunno. It's probably nothing. Go to the doctor if you can afford it. But don't fall into the trap of assuming it is something Really Bad.

The Thunder

Thunder, back off. That was totally uncalled for. Save the name calling for me.
                        Duh, the name calling is for people I like. You get none.

Hey B!, see a podiatrist now. Most likely you need wider shoes or insert to alleviate what a lot of us experience as runners. My left foot goes numb a bunch, but I run through it and use mole foam in certain spots as well.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Duh, the name calling is for people I like. You get none.
                            Sad

Ricky

The Thunder

Sad
                              Ahhh see that was really mean! That's how you know I love you! BTW, am I gonna see you at the Zoo run this weekend?! Evil grin

Ahhh see that was really mean! That's how you know I love you! BTW, am I gonna see you at the Zoo run this weekend?! Evil grin
                                Yes you will.

Ricky