Not able to change from runner to walker (Read 62 times)

camasbob

I have become too old to run. I want to track my walking miles and time and prefer to enter the information manually.

When I open the page that gives me the option to set the activity, I can set it to walk. However, nothing happens when I save it. The miles as well as the other information do not show up on the summary page.

I have been wrestling with this problem for a couple of months with no progress. I even made what I thought was an extreme measure and created a new account with a different email, etc. That did not work because the new account demands that I be a "runner" and won't give me the option to walk. I must either run, bike or swim.

What am I doing wrong.

I am using an Apple with latest operating system. I can use Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Walking doesn't show in the drop down menu underneath new run on your main log page?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

When I open the page that gives me the option to set the activity, I can set it to walk. However, nothing happens when I save it. The miles as well as the other information do not show up on the summary page.

That's because the activities are for "Run" which is the default.  You need to edit the weekly, monthly stats to change the activity from Run to Walk.  If you want both Run and Walk stats, you'll need to add widgets for Walk.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
              05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

camasbob

Ok, I changed my activities to walk as the default. Now on the screen where I enter the data, it shows activities = walk, workout type = walk, and route as random. I completed the distance and time and saved it. The transaction shows up when I look for it in the calendar but it is nowhere else. What have I done wrong?

Thanks for your help.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Ok, I changed my activities to walk as the default. Now on the screen where I enter the data, it shows activities = walk, workout type = walk, and route as random. I completed the distance and time and saved it. The transaction shows up when I look for it in the calendar but it is nowhere else. What have I done wrong?

Thanks for your help.

Did you change the default on the widgets that show weekly and monthly stats, and rolling and overall totals on the summary page?

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                  05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

an amazing likeness

If you are willing to make your log public (if only temporarily), we can look at it and offer better insights into what may be happening.

The click-path to do this is:  Training Log > Settings > Log Preferences > Training Log Access

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

camasbob

Ok. I changed it so anybody can look at my log.

Thanks.

an amazing likeness

Great...here's what I see:

1. On your summary page, all your widgets (Weekly RUN Stats, Monthly RUN Stats, Overall RUN totals, & Daily RUN Distance graph) are all set to show run distances and not Walk. To edit these, you'll want to:

Scroll to far upper right of Log Summary page and click Edit Layout

Edit each Widget to change the Activity from Run to Walk

2. Except for one entry today, 6/3/2021, you are logging your activities as workout type = Run, activity = Walk.  This means these entries will not appear as Walks -- the activity needs to be Walk, not Run.

Of course it your log and you can use it however you'd like, however what I'd expect to see in your Workouts is an entry that looks like:

Activity = Walk

Type = default, or a workout type in your options

distance / time / etc

Here's a screen shot of setting one up.  This would be from Training Log > New Walk Entry [from pick list under New Run Entry]

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

As usual, Milktruck is awesome! Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.