Covid 19 (Read 279 times)

Half Crazy K 2.0

I think we're doing the same race...

Not a race I'm doing,  I get their FB updates and group updates.

Salisbury?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Did an 8K today that provided LOTS of portopotties, maybe more than they would have otherwise. No post-race bagels.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Did an 8K today that provided LOTS of portopotties, maybe more than they would have otherwise. No post-race bagels.

Hand sanitizer to go along with all the POPs? That's a change I hope stays.

I found out the 5k I registered for is happening on April 3. It's in the coounty north of me (twhere POPs are allowed in parks). I assume the inddoor bathroom will be open, although it is tiny and has little ventilation. The county executive is a runner, so he probably understands that POPs are essential to running.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I ran by the local high school. Apparently POPs are allowed at Baltimore county schools--they even have more than usual.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yes, plenty.

Running Problem

Problem Child

I found out the 5k I registered for is happening on April 3. It's in the coounty north of me (twhere POPs are allowed in parks). I assume the inddoor bathroom will be open, although it is tiny and has little ventilation. The county executive is a runner, so he probably understands that POPs are essential to running.

Amazing. Races are still too dangerous out West. Too high of a potential spread of covid 19.

edit: apparently it’s safe out west too

https://www.forbes.com/sites/petertaylor/2021/02/22/updated-top-ten-best-places-in-america-to-travel-right-now-and-avoid-the-pandemic/amp/

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

Running Problem

Problem Child

Opt out of vaccinations in California

interesting since the schools have said they want the vaccine.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

flavio1980

King of pastries

Italian regions are officially in the most restricted zone, the red zone.

Theoretically people can only leave their homes for emergencies and they must carry around a form specifying in detail why they're out.

In practice:

- A dude showed up at my 3rd floor apartment to talk about the workers cause and to offer me their "communist fight" newspaper.

- The park nearby was packed, I mean, PACKED!!!!

- There was an American Football match going on with 2 full teams, even though that's obviously forbidden.

- There are "professional" beggars in front of every supermarket.

- There was a big birthday party downstairs in another apartment with tons of people.

What's the point of imposing restrictions when over 95% of the people don't give a damn about them.

It's been like this since the start pretty much. They're imposing ever more restrictive measures and the Italians are still having their private parties like there's no tomorrow.

The only people suffering with the restrictions are the ones abiding by the rules. We can't travel around (can't even leave the city you live in) and we can't go to a restaurant.

And the people suffering the financial impacts of said useless restrictions (Hotels, restaurants, so many businesses going bankrupt)

Just to be clear: I'm not against covid restrictions in general to avoid hospital overflowing.

I just don't see the point of inflicting this much pain on society when it causes little to nothing impact on the spread (Cause 95% of the people don't follow it, and I don't judge them, people have socializing needs), causes huge financial strain and punishes the rule abiding people.

PRs: 1500m 4:54 (2019) 3K 10:34 (2019) 5K 17:56.7 (2021) 9.86K 36:40 (2020) HM 1:21:59 (2021)

Up next: ????

Tool to generate Strava weekly

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Ugh, that's tough.  I can see why they're TRYING to be strict - daily new cases have more than doubled the past month.  How are vaccination efforts going/

flavio1980

King of pastries

Vaccinations has been unfortunately a huge blunder, the people in charge really dropped the ball throughout most of Europe 

PRs: 1500m 4:54 (2019) 3K 10:34 (2019) 5K 17:56.7 (2021) 9.86K 36:40 (2020) HM 1:21:59 (2021)

Up next: ????

Tool to generate Strava weekly

Elite Jogger

I noticed that there’s been another surge in some of the European countries and the fact that vaccine rollout has been very slow hasn’t helped. Lockdown last year was very different because nobody knew what was going to happen. Lockdown this year is completely different because there’s a vaccine and more information is out there, so people are going to make their own choice/risk assessment.  In the UK “the current rules” are that we’re only allowed to meet ONE person outside and no mixing of different households indoors. I personally don’t know ANYBODY who is still following this crap.....we were told to stay at home to protect the health service....we did that and now all the elderly and most at risk have been vaccinated...so we’re doing are own thing now.

It’s the work from home folk who have been least affected by the pandemic...no financial hit and probably the most judgemental about other people’s behaviour.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

Running Problem

Problem Child

It’s the work from home folk who have been least affected by the pandemic...no financial hit and probably the most judgemental about other people’s behaviour.

yup. Sitting here right now wondering how today is the magical day based on scientific data my state can go to 50% capacity for a bunch of things. I'm sure it has nothing to do with it being the first day of Spring Break and everything to do with the 10.8% of the state who has received both doses of the vaccine bringing COVID 19 to it's knees. I'm going to be the last vaccinated because I'm not willing to jump the line and check a box saying I am at risk without needing to prove it. I'll wait my turn and by then the cases will be below 100 and 99 cases and 2 deaths won't be as dangerous as a year ago. Everyone will celebrate being under 100 cases. In 6 weeks the cities get to make their own decisions about how to operate under COVID 19, except they can't remove any of the Governor's requiremetns for social distancing or masks so I'm not sure what they can do. Have a party for 1,000 people for an elected official? Schools are out a month after that so maybe we can have in person graduations with mixed households and family members from across the country like we did back in the days of our Lord of 2019.

RichardR

Latest from the US CDC about social interaction for people who are vaccinated:

If you are getting together with others who are fully vaccinated (2 weeks following shot #2 for the Pfizer, eg), then there are no restrictions, because it's a 'safe' situation.

If you are getting together with 1 household of people are not yet vaccinated, then masks and distance are NOT needed.

If, however, there are 2 different households of people who are not vaccinated, then everyone needs to wear masks and distance, because it's now a high risk situation.

What I don't understand is:

I am vaccinated.  I can get together with one family who is not this morning, and another this afternoon, and I don't have to wear a mask.  But, if I put those 2 families together, somehow my involvement changes, and I need to wear a mask.

Now, I can understand why the 2 families should be careful.  But, as far as the vaccinated person is concerned, their interaction with the 2 families is EXACTLY the same in the 2 situations I described, and yet there are 'restrictions' placed in the case with the greater number of people.

It's things like this that have made US people start to disregard advice from authorities, because the advice doesn't make sense.  It feels like they just don't want large gatherings, but they are not able to tell us why.

I'm not claiming conspiracy.  I'm just hugely disappointed that the people who are supposed to be the experts can't do better than this.

an amazing likeness

I am vaccinated.  I can get together with one family who is not this morning, and another this afternoon, and I don't have to wear a mask.  But, if I put those 2 families together, somehow my involvement changes, and I need to wear a mask.

Now, I can understand why the 2 families should be careful.  But, as far as the vaccinated person is concerned, their interaction with the 2 families is EXACTLY the same in the 2 situations I described, and yet there are 'restrictions' placed in the case with the greater number of people.

However, it isn't exactly the same.  The issue isn't about the risk to/from you -- the vaccinated person. It is about avoiding bringing two 'bubbles' together in an unmasked, un-distanced, indoor scenario.

The CDC guidance seems pretty clearly written:

Vaccinated people visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households at the same time

If the unvaccinated people come from multiple households, there is a higher risk of SARS-CoV-2 transmission among them. Therefore, all people involved should take precautions including wearing a well-fitted mask, staying at least 6 feet away from others, and visiting outdoors or in a well-ventilated space.

Continuing the example from above, if fully vaccinated grandparents are visiting with their unvaccinated daughter and her children and the daughter’s unvaccinated neighbors also come over, the visit should then take place outdoors, wearing well-fitted masks, and maintaining physical distance (at least 6 feet). This is due to the risk the two unvaccinated households pose to one another.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

dhuffman63

Trails

None of the vaccines are 100% effective and if you increase the number of unvaccinated people then you increase the risk that one or more are infected and it's possible you could end up with Covid.  Chances are slim and it could be a mild case if you do but it's still there. It's really that simple but if you want to then by all means go ahead.  I've never like crowds anyway.