bikers = bad < inline skaters? (Read 1134 times)

jules2

Runners are nothing compared to us cyclists http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAOHhV1EFe4#

Old age is when you move from illegal to prescribed drugs.

Insert witty title here

I've seen very few inline skaters on my normal greenway, but they have all been very nice. The bikers on the other hand are usually a-holes that seem to think they have to pass as close to me as possible even though I'm on the far right of the path, there's 3-4 feet of clearance and they can see no one is coming up the trail. We really need a "no bike's allowed" greenway Tongue

ThomasRuns Blog
      Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Seriously man, long stick held at spoke level gives you instant clearance from cyclists. Particularly if you look like you are not paying attention.
        And who am I anyway?
        Just another fat jogger, evidently.
          I have to chime in here and ask if you are all running on the LEFT side of the bike trail? I sure hope so. If you are, then you should never hear a biker scream "on your left". I run with cyclist all the time on several bike trails around town. One of them is considered the longest trail in the country with tons of cyclists. I NEVER have any problems with them. The problem I do have is with the walkers and runners who are on the wrong side! They think I'm on the wrong side and don't move out of my way and give me snide remarks when I barrel towards them without moving. I can see the whites of the bikers eyes coming at me and we always smile and wave at each other. Just like the road, LEFT side of the trail!

Insert witty title here

I have to chime in here and ask if you are all running on the LEFT side of the bike trail? I sure hope so. If you are, then you should never hear a biker scream "on your left". I run with cyclist all the time on several bike trails around town. One of them is considered the longest trail in the country with tons of cyclists. I NEVER have any problems with them. The problem I do have is with the walkers and runners who are on the wrong side! They think I'm on the wrong side and don't move out of my way and give me snide remarks when I barrel towards them without moving. I can see the whites of the bikers eyes coming at me and we always smile and wave at each other. Just like the road, LEFT side of the trail!
            Where I run everyone (including bikers) stay on the RIGHT side of the path. If I ran on the left I'd constantly get run into. To me it makes sense. The only reason you run on the left side of an actual road is so you can see the traffic coming at you and avoid being hit by a car you couldn't see. On a path you don't have that concern so it makes sense to use the right side, just like if you were driving. I guess ultimately it makes sense to stay on the same side as everyone else for wherever you run.

ThomasRuns Blog
            Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Everyone runs and bikes on the right of trails here, also.
                The only reason you run on the left side of an actual road is so you can see the traffic coming at you and avoid being hit by a car you couldn't see. On a path you don't have that concern so it makes sense to use the right side, just like if you were driving..
                It makes sense to run on the left side of the trail so you CAN see the cyclist coming at you. Bike on the right, run on the left. Maybe it's a California thing Confused 90% of runners and walkers here are on the left. That 10% must be from some other state Roll eyes

Insert witty title here

It makes sense to run on the left side of the trail so you CAN see the cyclist coming at you. Bike on the right, run on the left. Maybe it's a California thing Confused 90% of runners and walkers here are on the left. That 10% must be from some other state Roll eyes
                  Maybe if the trail is wide enough, but here I'm talking about a 3-4 foot wide trail.. not really enough room to make 2 lanes of traffic like you would on a road. Nice in theory, but on a busy day like today there were way too many people for it to work. Of course everything starts in Cali right? Wink

ThomasRuns Blog
                  Twitter

Maybe if the trail is wide enough, but here I'm talking about a 3-4 foot wide trail.. not really enough room to make 2 lanes of traffic like you would on a road. Nice in theory, but on a busy day like today there were way too many people for it to work. Of course everything starts in Cali right? Wink
                    Ohhhh gotcha!! I'm talking about the type of bike trails that actually have a yellow line in the middle. Cyclist should stay off those narrow trails that are for walkers and runners. I'm with you on that one.