Garmin 310XT Review (Read 3214 times)

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

<quote>Quote from BearcatRunner on 8/3/2009 at 3:35 PM:

I just ordered this from roadrunnersports.  It ended up being about $310 with shipping.  I have no idea when it will come.  My garmy died while I was in SC.  Sad day.  I had to use my wifes.  She was very good about this.  I need my own though.  I don't like her screens.  Really who cares about current pace.

I hope I like the new one.  The old one was good to me but I will run in rain or snow and the rain is what I think finally killed it.  

I'm pretty sure you didn't get the 310XT at that price, perhaps you got the 405 without HRM? </quote>

Of course I am.  I think it is actually like $315/  Why would I not be.  I also got free shipping.  They have the watch for 349 + I got 10% off and free shipping.  It does not have the HR strap but then I have one from my old garmin so I don;t need it.

2011 Goals:
      Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
      Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)
      I saw the 305 advertised last week for 149.00 on Sams Club's website.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

Bestbuy has the 305 on sale right now for 129.99

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

yeah but Best Buy only has it in local stores.  Besides I think rain killed my old one so I thought something waterproof might solve that little issue.  I like running in the rain.
            2011 Goals:
          ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

yeah but Best Buy only has it in local stores.  Besides I think rain killed my old one so I thought something waterproof might solve that little issue.  I like running in the rain.

Yup, I have now ran with the 310 after swimming, in the rain and sweated all over it without a problem.

Bear, you got a great deal.

I ordered the new HR strap yesterday.

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
            My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
            Ride 112 miles.
            Run 26.2 miles.
            Then brag for the rest of your life.
            -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

It should be here in the next few days.  I am very excited to get it.  It is driving me nuts not having my garmin.  I am stuck to running routes I know the lengh and to mapping out my run before I leave the house.  How do people live this way ?
                2011 Goals:
              RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Yup, I have now ran with the 310 after swimming, in the rain and sweated all over it without a problem.

Bear, you got a great deal.

I ordered the new HR strap yesterday.

This is good news to hear.  I plan to do Tri's after I qualify for Boston which should be soon.  Then I would like to swim with the watch and have it on when I get out of the pool.  Anyway, I think it will be worth the extra money not having to worry about messing it up because of the weather. 

I wonder if they could create something with the watch for doing laps.  I would love to know lap times.  Most people train in pools.  Maybe with the sudden change in direction it could auto lap or something.  I sometimes start to lose track of which lap I am on.  Would be great if the 310 could track this for me.

2011 Goals:
                ironTriKev

IronMan ;)

You could always hit the lap button; I'm pretty sure that one display you can add is "Lap Number".  Although since the HRM doesn't work and my pool is indoors so there is  no SAT reception, I think I'm better off just using my Timex Ironman 150 lap watch to count' em.

Tri-Kev Here are my favorite links:
                  My "kick @ss" running club ;)

Swim 2.4 miles.
                  Ride 112 miles.
                  Run 26.2 miles.
                  Then brag for the rest of your life.
                  -Commander John Collins, Ironman Triathlon creator

RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Yeah it is just hard to read the lap number while your swimming.  Especially through goggles.
                      2011 Goals: