Training Plan Bug (Maybe) (Read 801 times)

jeffdonahue

Yesterday, I entered in a training plan for the next 18 weeks - love the new feature BTW.

Today, when I logged my run I went to look at my calendar, and I can not see the Planned workout on the calendar anymore - it only shows the actual workout.

Not sure if this is how it was planned to work, but I would prefer to be able to see both so I can see what days I went over/under my planned mileage.

Thanks for all the hard work

Jeff

Stacks

Noted the same thing, and had the same thought, though I think I am undecided as to whether I need this.

You can get a calendar view of your training plan, which will show completed workouts crossed off (the original goal distance remains visible), or you can go to your activity calendar, which shows future planned workouts and planned completed ones, but as you say the planned distances drop off once you log something for a day you have a planned workout.

It might be nice to have the option to see it all on one calendar.

eric :)

Jeff,

This is by design.  Once you completed a scheduled workout, the schedule workout is removed and is replaced by the completed workout on the calendar.  Obviously, this is the first pass at training plan support and I may change the interface if a more elegant design is found.

Marylander

I really like the training plan setup. I wonder if it would be possible for it to pick up a run loaded from a gps in the same way (replacing the completed workout on the calendar)...

Thanks!

DespiteMyself

I really like the training plan setup. I wonder if it would be possible for it to pick up a run loaded from a gps in the same way (replacing the completed workout on the calendar)...

Thanks!

+1 Smile

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot run," then by all means RUN, and the voice will be silenced.

Jiggle Monster

Yesterday, I entered in a training plan for the next 18 weeks - love the new feature BTW.

Today, when I logged my run I went to look at my calendar, and I can not see the Planned workout on the calendar anymore - it only shows the actual workout.

Not sure if this is how it was planned to work, but I would prefer to be able to see both so I can see what days I went over/under my planned mileage.

Thanks for all the hard work

Jeff

Pretty easy fix for this would be to log your workouts as "Not a planned workout"  Then the training plan entry would remain on the calendar along with your actual run for the day. Exactly like you did on July 4th and 5th.

jeffdonahue

Interesting - hadnt noticed that.  I figured those other two were there because I actually entered the training plan AFTER I had already logged those two days.

But I guess what I was looking for was a way to compare each day/week's mileage.  So I could see that today I had planned for 5 easy miles, and did 7.5 miles.  then in the Summary part I would like to see the planned mileage total versus my actual mileage total.

Interesting - hadnt noticed that.  I figured those other two were there because I actually entered the training plan AFTER I had already logged those two days.

But I guess what I was looking for was a way to compare each day/week's mileage.  So I could see that today I had planned for 5 easy miles, and did 7.5 miles.  then in the Summary part I would like to see the planned mileage total versus my actual mileage total.

anything else caviar, naked women feeding you grapes? kidding. 

I get it, just thought this might get you closer to what you were looking for

Marylander

Thanks!

Never mind. I see that I can do that on the workout entry page. Super!