Names on Bibs (Read 1694 times)

TJN

S Army Kettle run...

Ken from our little running group had his name on a marathon bib ... but they added an extra "n" at the end.  His new name has been Kenn ever since .... 

Timm 

Tim 

Agony of Da Feet (#2867)

A lot of my early marathons I ran in a singlet with Maine spelled out big, which when shouted at you as you run sounds a lot like my name.

Run to Win
      24 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

(wow, been a while since that's been updated...)

Intentionally Blank

At Dallas White Rock, they put our names on our bibs, and first timers had a different color bib.  My brother, running his first, got a ton of encouraging shouts.  He loved it.

Imminent Catastrophe

I usually put "Asshole" or "Dickhead" or such. "Looking good, asshole" really gives me a boost in the late miles.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

Needs more cowbell!

Hmmm, I'm a case of a "sliver lining" : no one can pronounce my real name without special coaching, so there is no confusion... If I recognize it, chances are you're a friend! Ahh, the bliss of coming from tiny  far away places :-). (and for the record, I do like my name on the bib- it makes a nice memory since I still have all  my old bibs).

My name's not even rare, but at least 50% of the time people f*ck it up (generally switching the I and R), so it's easier to have "zoomy" on my bib, when I have the choice.

'16 Goals:

• Do some dus...and some CX...and some tandem gravel...and some podiums...

• PRs

• 130#s (or less)

• Stop letting my core go to hell

My name's not even rare, but at least 50% of the time people f*ck it up (generally switching the I and R), so it's easier to have "zoomy" on my bib, when I have the choice.

...with an additional advantage that zoomy sounds both cool and fast!  :-) I just run the berlin half and I do not think there was a chance of putting a nickname on the bib, nor I've seen it in any other races on this side of the ocean. Could it be just a USA thing?