Garmin 310XT (Read 268 times)

fivekturtle

I am having the same issues downloading as everyone else,  I had a 305 for several years and loved it before it died.   After contacting Garmin and complaining this is what I recieved:

Thank you for contacting Garmin International. We are sorry to hear you are having issues getting the unit to transfer to the computer. What have you done and have you reached to us over the phone for any assistance?

We do have many customers and depending on the their computer setup they can run into issues. Typically this can be taken care of pretty quickly with some basic trouble shooting steps.

If you purchased the unit directly from Garmin and wish not to do any trouble shooting we could offer a refund. Please send the Garmin receipt showing the purchase so we can setup the order for you. In the chance you purchased elsewhere you would have to take the unit back to the retailer. Let us know if you have any other questions.

I have taken no further action on the matter because  I really like the watch also but it if I cant upload with it I wont be satisfied,  they need to fix the problem!   I can see no reason that I should have to spend hours on the phone with a representative or reconfigure my computer to do something this basic!

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

My experience is that you have to wait until business hours, and then spend lots of time on the phone with them doing the same steps over.

Maybe they, at the decision-making levels, simply don't care about the problems.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

tomatolover

quick question for mac & 310xt users:

have any of you upgraded to Maverick?  i'm afraid of doing anything new that might freak out the connection my 310 has with my computer AND especially RunningAhead.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

My experience is that you have to wait until business hours, and then spend lots of time on the phone with them doing the same steps over.

Maybe they, at the decision-making levels, simply don't care about the problems.

+1

When the 405 bites the dust I will use DW's 305. Hopefully by then another manufacturer will have forced Garmin to step up to the plate.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

bap

Just get a 620 already Wink

Certified Running Coach
            Crocked since 2013

Every time I hook my 310 up to charge it turns on.  And it's not holding a charge.  If The Hub hadn't been home, I probably would've launched it through a window or into the floor.  Anyone else have this issue (charging isue, not anger over an expensive piece of crap)?

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

lekor

No reason provided