Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Splashalot

Hey RunHarrietRun!

Thanks for the note!  So, to be honest... we had a lot of poor feedback with the Inspire 9.  Sure it was a nice shoe, great stability... but like you noticed, a lot of runners did not love the fit they had been accustomed to from Mizuno, which was a bummer.  

Best,

Seth

I'm think Seth probably means they had poor feedback on the Inspire 7, not the 9.  Wink

Hey Kristen!

So, by a firm forefoot... I mean you get a lot more of a responsive experience vs. cushioned... which is what I prefer.  So actually, its rather flexibile since there is less to the forefoot of the shoe.    Heel/toe drop is not changed.

What do you mean exactly by "firm forefoot"? I'm still pretty new to all the shoe terminology. Do you mean it is not as flexible? Or that it is not very cushioned?

Is the heel toe drop the same between the two shoes?

---------

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Hey Kristen!

So, by a firm forefoot... I mean you get a lot more of a responsive experience vs. cushioned... which is what I prefer.  So actually, its rather flexibile since there is less to the forefoot of the shoe.    Heel/toe drop is not changed.

Will this affect its ability to control overpronation?

I have been wanting to try a shoe in the rotation possibly that is maybe slightly less supportive than the Inspire 9s but not so much that it allows me to overpronate and get injured. My physical therapist likes me in very supportive shoes, but thinks it is a good idea to do a few runs in something slightly less supportive to develop more strength and not have to rely on external supports. So I'm thinking more and more this may be a good shoe to add. But I need to make sure the overpronation is able to be controlled at least to a degree.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

GREAT questions!

In my opinion.... I would tell you to try the new Inspire 9 for the majority of your running, and then mix in the less supportive Elixir 8's for fast workouts and races.   The Elixir is not going to control overpronation as well as the Inspire.

Will this affect its ability to control overpronation?

I have been wanting to try a shoe in the rotation possibly that is maybe slightly less supportive than the Inspire 9s but not so much that it allows me to overpronate and get injured. My physical therapist likes me in very supportive shoes, but thinks it is a good idea to do a few runs in something slightly less supportive to develop more strength and not have to rely on external supports. So I'm thinking more and more this may be a good shoe to add. But I need to make sure the overpronation is able to be controlled at least to a degree.

---------

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks for the advice! Bought the Elixirs tonight.... Can't wait to try and see if they will work for me!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Thanks for the advice! Bought the Elixirs tonight.... Can't wait to try and see if they will work for me!

Sounds awesome!  I just got 2 fresh pairs of Elixirs to start running in.  I can Usually get 350-400 out of a pair no probem, but with Boston only a few weeks away.. didn't want to chance it.

Let me know how you dig 'em!

---------

Elixir my friend.... Elixir.

I've run in them twice and am they're really promising. Thanks, Seth.

Say I wanted to go a little lighter with about the same amount of support...

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

I've run in them twice and am they're really promising. Thanks, Seth.

Say I wanted to go a little lighter with about the same amount of support...

Sweet!  Glad you're digging them.  Easily my fav shoe I have ever run in.

I find the Elixir to be the sweet spot for me with very lightweight, responsive shoe, with a touch of stability... if you want a little lighter, I'd suggest the Wave Musha 5...

---------

Albon

Mizuno are dropping bombs for all trail runners this summer!

http://runningswede.blogspot.com/2013/03/mizuno-wave-evo-ferus-and-ascend-8.html

www.therunningswede.com

I've seen the sneak peak of the Mizumo Wave Universe 5 and it also has that "high lip" at the back that is great for causing blisters.  I wonder if it will be as easy to cut it out with a razor blade as it was on the Universe 4.  They are also touting the laces, but the first thing I usually do with shoes is to get rid of the laces and use something like LockLaces instead so I don't have to deal with their ever coming untied.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Seth - I've been running in Wave Riders and Precisions the last few years.  I like both but feel the Riders are a llittle clunky and the Precisions a little loose or wide in the forefoot.  Any suggestions for a lighter shoe for speed workouts and a lighter shoe with good toebox space but maybe slimmer feeling than the Precision for longer runs?

Thanks

Thanks for the note!

The Rider is a great daily trainer.. honestly, the Precision and Rider have got so close to eachother... it's almost the same shoe these days!

Which is why in July we are releasing a brand new fast, performance trainer which I think will be exactly what you're looking for:

http://www.mizunousa.com/running/blog/article/feel-lighter-run-faster

---------

saigalt

Any suggested models for a flat footed over pronator? Need some nice arch support and cushioning.

Any suggested models for a flat footed over pronator? Need some nice arch support and cushioning.

Have you checked out the Wave Inspire??

---------

How many miles are people getting out of the Inspire?

The Nexus?

Getting any feedback, Seth?

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus