Proud so far - wish me luck for the future (Read 759 times)

I just completed week 3 of my "getting back into running" program (homemade schedule).!!!!!

I have no pains or aches.

I ran 5 days this week.

I completed 40 miles in hilly Barrika just outside Bilbao in the Basque part of Spain.

I plan to run 5 days (at least) and total mileage around 44 to 48 miles next week which includes 2 days of driving back to Frankfurt from Bilbao.

I love being a runner again after being on-off, mostly off since the spring of 2006.

Wish me luck and persistence for the coming weeks where I feel my dedication will really be tested.

Who else has lost 5 pounds in the summer vacation???!?!?!?!?! Huh!!!! I knew it!!!! Nobody but me!!!!! (Just kidding of course, I am just a little bit proud of myself right now)

cheers for listening to my rant

Thomas - runner

Run more.
      I am down 10lbs, after a slight increase in weight near the start of the summer. I should have lost more, but various things got in my way.

That is some nice mileage for just getting back into things.

thanks
        Run more.
        kcam

Good luck and have fun running and getting into shape.  Oh, unfortunately, I've GAINED 5 lbs this summer Sad  but I hope to drop it again as I start my Fall mileage buildup.
            Great job.  good luck in the future!
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Awesome to hear!  I hope your comeback goes smoothly.  I think once you've hit the 1 month mark that the habit should be easy to stick with long-term. Smile

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Who else has lost 5 pounds in the summer vacation???!?!?!?!?! Huh!!!! I knew it!!!! Nobody but me!!!!! (Just kidding of course, I am just a little bit proud of myself right now)

cheers for listening to my rant

Thomas - runner

Hah!  I lose 5 pounds in a single day with some hard running.  Or gain 5 in a day of hard eating.  Seriously, welcome back to running - it is SO worth it.

Hah!  I lose 5 pounds in a single day with some hard running.  Or gain 5 in a day of hard eating.  Seriously, welcome back to running - it is SO worth it.

I know the feeling of excitement when weighing yourself post-long-run and seeing I have "lost" 5 pounds. But I also know that it is mostly just water.

What I meant is that I am 5 pounds lighter when fully hydrated. And I have made myself believe that a net loss of 5 pounds might be the result of losing 6 pounds of fat and building leg muscles and storing additional glycogen and water for 1 pound.

Anyway - I am just amazed that I have managed to losa any weight at all while being in the land of delicious ham and the best fried chicken known to man (from Cervecera "El Molino" in Berango).

Part of it is also because I have drastically reduced my evening snacking to almost zero.

cheers

Thomas

Run more.