First time I've ever been ticketed while running in Chicago (Read 1483 times)

AnneCA

I am so getting fired after the amount of time I just spent reading this thread.

But think of all the important principles you learned.

MTA:  30 pages!!

#artbydmcbride

I am so getting fired after the amount of time I just spent reading this thread.

but you're a lawyer!  This is research!  Cool

Runners run

PS.  Redbird is APPEALING?

Everyone in jorts is appealing. End of story.

I want to know where Berner I has been since the announcement?  He seemed to have a lot of opinions before the trial after admitting that this type of law is different than his skill set.  Berner, where are you?

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Feeling the growl again

but you're a lawyer!  This is research!  Cool

Years ago when it was still worth reading, I recall an incident on letsrun where there was a disagreement of some sort and a serial poster was tracked down to a law firm and they ended up being fired because of how much time they spend surfing the message board...the details escape me at this point but this thread reminds me of that.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

??

PS.  Redbird is APPEALING? 

A man's reputation is on the line.  That might not mean much to you but I understand Red Bird's thinking.  If all he has to do is lie in court, and lie to a few others, to protect his integrity and honor then I say go for it.  There's a principle at stake here!!!!!!!

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

\

Not dead. Yet.

If all he has to do is lie in court, and lie to a few others, to protect his integrity and honor then I say go for it.

LOL!  Thats an oxymoron if I ever heard one.

How can we know our limits if we don't test them?

It's oxymoran.  Is it too much trouble to get people to spell correctly around here?

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You can fight this!!!

You can fight this!!!

Agreed but do you need a lawyer to fight it or is it more like a speeding ticket?

A man's reputation is on the line.  That might not mean much to you but I understand Red Bird's thinking.  If all he has to do is lie in court, and lie to a few others, to protect his integrity and honor then I say go for it.  There's a principle at stake here!!!!!!!

Smile

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

zonykel

Good one there!!

How exactly does this photo change anything? Wasn't your arguement that you WERE running there but did NOT KNOW that it was not allowed? In this case it seems like the photo just confirms what you said you were doing. What are we missing?

You're missing that this hell hole has become an over protective police state that no longer allows innocent people to take a harmless morning jog near the train tracks.  But is more than happy to allow real terrorists to go out and kill innocent people in Boston.

You're missing that this hell hole has become an over protective police state that no longer allows innocent people to take a harmless morning jog near the train tracks.  But is more than happy to allow real terrorists to go out and kill innocent people in Boston.

Really?

Shake my head in disgust. You were ticketed, get over yourself.

Get off my porch