Recommend me some sunglasses! (Read 245 times)

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Thinking about picking up a new pair with money Santa left in my stocking.  Got about $125 to spend.  Considerations:

1.  I like polarized, but could probably do without it.

2.  I probably wouldn't wear them running.  My eyes get too sweaty, and I'd have to keep taking them off to wipe it away.  But I would like sunglasses that would be good for running because a) I know they'll be lightweight and semi-durable, and b) who knows, I might want to wear them on a run sometime, after all.

3.  I'd like some effort at a scratch-resistant coating.  I'm very proud of myself in that I've kept track of my current cheapo pair for about seven years - that's why I'm trusting myself with the prospect of buying a nicer pair - but I would like some defense against the occasional brush against shirt buttons, etc., as the current pair haven't fared so well in this regard.

MTA:

4.  It's important that the earpieces be fairly thin.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

2.  I probably wouldn't wear them running.

This is where I stopped reading.

Wink

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

daneda

Casual but still sporty & available with polarized lenses:  http://www.smithoptics.com/products/#/sunglasses/Womens/Proof/view/

TJoseph

It's funny how the same pair of sunglasses can look totally different on different people:

Wayfarers:

Bieber

Wayfarers:

Wayfarers:

FSBD

I probably would never have bought these but I won them in a raffle and ended up liking them for running.

They have lots of models to choose from

http://www.tifosioptics.com/products/article/sku-0070300130/search&exact-model=Tyrant&niche=WSD%7CKids%7CSportFashion%7CRX%7CAll/

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Tiefsa

The cheapest pair of polarized sunglasses you can find.

I gotta stay on the cheap side since I have a nasty habit of losing or breaking my sunglasses.

I like Tifosi, many of which come wit interchangeable lenses.  Mine have a set of dark polarized lenses, a set of medium-dark red lenses, and a set of mod yellow for when I want to look especially abnormal.  Great for cycling, running, and general lookin' sporty.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I have Ryder sunglasses which I really like.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

PDoe

I go to the Dollar store and get 3 pair at a time. If they break in my gym bag or they get in my way during a race I chuck them with no worries. Never been disappointed.

Birdwell

Tjosegh, who's the girl in the first picture?

I recently picked up a pair of nike shades, with prescription lenses. I like them, and they were less than 1/3 the price of Oakleys.

TJoseph

Tjosegh, who's the girl in the first picture?

I think she goes by "Biebs"

Hamish911

I recently bought a pair of Smith Optics Pivlock V90 Max. Very happy with them

Great lenses

Light Weight

Good fitt

Don't bounce when i run

Not cheap, but if you search the net you can save a significant amout. (Retail in Aust. $249 - I got them delivered for $107 Smile

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

The cheapest pair of polarized sunglasses you can find.

I gotta stay on the cheap side since I have a nasty habit of losing or breaking my sunglasses.

See, that used to be me, too, but I've done pretty well with the pair I have - actually, now that I think about it, I have two - and so I think I could handle stepping up to something a little nicer, a little more light-weight with clearer optics.

FatSweatyBullDog and cliveF, I've been eyeballing (so to speak) Tifosi for awhile.  Do you happen to have on-hand the name of the model that comes with the polarized lenses?

...and can anyone compare Tifosi with Oakley?  I'm not keen on paying twice as much or more just to have a "fashionable" logo on the frames, but I've heard good things about Oakleys, and if there really is a difference, I don't mind paying the extra for it.

'Course, I'm not certain I'll want to get any sunglasses at all...I could use that money to get a new watch, like I've been thinking about.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

cookiemonster

Connoisseur of Cookies

Can't compare Oakley and Tifosi.  But I've used Oakley sunglasses almost exclusively since I was 17.  I've never had a problem with them and would be hard pressed to wear anything else.  Every time I switched brands to something else I wound up coming back to Oakley.

Take that for whatever it's worth.

***************************************************************************************

"C" is for cookie.  That's good enough for me.

Netizen Kane

Not sure if Oakley Livestrong glasses will now be on the discount rack or be collectors items - either way might be a good purchase.