Anton Krupicka on the first time he qualified for Boston (Read 165 times)

Seanv2

Ultra runner Anton Krupicka took the time to fill out the Boston Qualifier Questionnaire, pretty amazing that he'd already run over 20,000 miles at age 19

http://miloandthecalf.com/2016/02/08/the-bqq-anton-krupicka-la-sportiva/

Have you qualified for Boston? I want to interview you!

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Joann Y

swoon!

I think it's interesting that he ran his first marathon at the age of 12. I was just listening to some podcast with Brad Hudson and he said he ran his first marathon at around 10 or 11 or something. Crazy. Love the passion of these guys.

Seanv2

swoon!

I think it's interesting that he ran his first marathon at the age of 12. I was just listening to some podcast with Brad Hudson and he said he ran his first marathon at around 10 or 11 or something. Crazy. Love the passion of these guys.

Yeah, he is a really fascinating guy. I'd love to hear more about how his running has changed in the last couple of years. He was a runner once known for mega mileage in minimal shoes, but now he's moved away from that, only doing quality miles in (I think) more supportive footwear.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

Joann Y

Yeah, he is a really fascinating guy. I'd love to hear more about how his running has changed in the last couple of years. He was a runner once known for mega mileage in minimal shoes, but now he's moved away from that, only doing quality miles in (I think) more supportive footwear.

And a mega ton of climbing and riding from what I've seen on social media.

The Running Stan

Question:  Is it perfectly healthy for someone so young to be running all these miles?  I read about the dangers of children running too many miles can cause permenant damage since they are still growing.  Any truth to that or just another myth like running is bad for your knees?

Seanv2

Question:  Is it perfectly healthy for someone so young to be running all these miles?  I read about the dangers of children running too many miles can cause permenant damage since they are still growing.  Any truth to that or just another myth like running is bad for your knees?

I don't know if there is a clear cut answer to that, but I know I be unlikely to let my kid run that much and I know that as Krupincka hit his late twenties he has battled consistent injuries.

Message me!

www.miloandthecalf.com

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

If I was trying to figure out whether running too much was bad for you, I might tend to drop all the elite runners out of my data, figuring they are too incented to train too hard compared to us regular hobbyjoggers.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.