Need some plyometrics info (Read 1599 times)

mikeymike

press the link in the upper right to skip the add, then enter the code in the box in the upper right, wait 45 secs voila.

Runners run

press the link in the upper right to skip the add, then enter the code in the box in the upper right, wait 45 secs voila.
      Success! Mega thanks !

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
      Thyroid Support Group

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

oops that was 30 ft/.1 miles no wonder it felt harder than that! I measured the whole flat section before the hill the 1st time Roll eyes 5.6% ?
        Yep. (5.68%)

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Yeah, I gave up pre-run stretching a long time ago and try not to ever stretch cold muscles. I'm hoping to get involved in some pilates classes. That will help flexibility, and will possibly address any core strength issues which may be contributing to my hamstring problems...
          ha, this sounds so familiar! i was in line for dye-injected MRI to figure out what the hell was up w/ my hip, which had been presenting trouble for 10+ years in varying degrees. my trainer said "wait! first try changing the way you stretch"-- and he had me switch from static to dynamic stretches, focusing on the post-run/post-workout (pre-workout important, too, but the post-session is crucial for me) and incorporating a foam roller as well. last 8 weeks? 100% pain free. part of it, i'm sure, is increased muscle strength keeping my movement strong & regular throughout longer runs, but part of it is w/o a doubt the change in my stretching routine. dynamic stretching 4ever! (my stretching routine: some yoga-based plank stretches like "cat-and-camel" and "bird dog", scapular pushups, forward-and-back leg swings, side-to-side leg swings, a moving quad stretch and some shoulder pulls) oh, also, this is a book i've read and found to have lots of useful info on plyometrics. available used on amazon for $0.50!