Is V02 max a graphing option in the new log? (Read 787 times)

dork.major dork.

Here's hoping Wink

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Here's hoping Wink
      Good question, but do bear in mind that the VO2max estimate is absolutely meaningless unless it comes from an all-out race or some other high quality all-out effort. You only have one (current) VO2max, and calculating it from race times is one way to estimate it. It has no meaning for a training run.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

For easy runs, then yes, it has no meaning. But say you typically do a once weekly 90% effort tempo runs and you tend to vary the distance and pace week to week. You could graph your VDOT from those weekly runs and see if you're making training progress.
          An ad-hoc example, where V02max from your tempo run shows your progress. Week / Distance / Time / V02max 1 / 4 mi / 40 min / 30 2 / 5 mi / 50 min / 30.5 3 / 4 mi / 39 min / 30.9 4 / 6 mi / 60 min / 30.9 5 / 3 mi / 27 min / 33.5 <-- is="" this="" jump="" real?="" 6="" 5="" mi="" 47="" min="" 32.8="" 7="" 4="" mi="" 38="" min="" 31.9=""></--><--oops, maybe i'm overtraining, or im slowing down? but this is faster than week 3 (corrected to say v02) maybe="" i'm="" overtraining,="" or="" im="" slowing="" down?="" but="" this="" is="" faster="" than="" week="" 3="" (corrected="" to="" say=""></--oops, maybe i'm overtraining, or im slowing down? but this is faster than week 3 (corrected to say v02)>
          jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Interesting example, though it's not really VO2max anymore if it's not run at...your max. Tongue I brought this up mainly to dispel the pervasive notion of the "every run VO2max", but yours is a savvy example of a way to put this to use.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Interesting example, though it's not really VO2max anymore if it's not run at...your max. Tongue I brought this up mainly to dispel the pervasive notion of the "every run VO2max", but yours is a savvy example of a way to put this to use.
              Thanks for the correction. I meant to just say V02 for that particular run. Where V02max is a physiological limit for your body, and V02 is basically a calculation normalizing your effort based upon your pace and distance. Call it VDOT, or V02 or whatever, it seems the terminology needs to be used in context.
              eric :)

The new log will allow you to display/graph this metric, along with several other ones. eric Smile