Does the Garmin Forerunner 10 have a lap button? (Read 286 times)

Right on Hereford...

Hah! I appreciate your fighting the good fight, Joe.

Do you think there is any chance of a software update that might give is just one screen with time / lap time?

I have the 110, and that's my biggest complaint with it...lack of any sort of lap time display.

Maniac

I still have never run a race with a GPS. But I plan to in the future. In the last bunch long races I've run, I found myself going to other people's (usually BadDawg's) logs looking for my mile splits--that's largely what prompted my sudden interest in GPS watches after not really feeling like I had much use for one for the longest time. I will likely just display time and distance and let the watch collect all the splits for post-race geekery and for that purpose I will probably still use the FR10, not the 210 since the display is simpler.

So here's my question....Well 2....1) Can I upload the FR 10 to RA and 2) When (if) I do, does it break down my time and pace for each mile like it does with my 305?  I really like being able to see the visual of my pace slowing precipitously near the end of long runs/marathons.  Always entertaining.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

an amazing likeness

1. Yes.

2. Yes, the FR10 has auto-lap just like your 305.

Coming from the 305, recommend you look at the FR210...the 210 has a few more functions than the FR10 for not all that much more $.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

mikeymike

So here's my question....Well 2....1) Can I upload the FR 10 to RA and 2) When (if) I do, does it break down my time and pace for each mile like it does with my 305?  I really like being able to see the visual of my pace slowing precipitously near the end of long runs/marathons.  Always entertaining.

Yes and yes.

Runners run

Coming from the 305, recommend you look at the FR210...the 210 has a few more functions than the FR10 for not all that much more $.

I have a concern about battery life.  The 305 is a work horse, and during one race lasted well over 10 hours.  I read this article, and if I'm understanding him right, it will only last about 8 hours at a time if in full use the entire time. And I assume it gets better coverage in trees, etc., than the 305 (trail running)?

Off the cuff, I think the 405 was the "upgrade" that was give to me as a gift a couple of years ago.  Never lasted longer than 5 hours (which doesn't work when you're training runs are longer) and died after only 2 years.  To say I was unhappy with it is an understatement.  Glad I wasn't the one who spent money on it!

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

I have a concern about battery life.  The 305 is a work horse, and during one race lasted well over 10 hours.  I read this article, and if I'm understanding him right, it will only last about 8 hours at a time if in full use the entire time. And I assume it gets better coverage in trees, etc., than the 305 (trail running)?

Off the cuff, I think the 405 was the "upgrade" that was give to me as a gift a couple of years ago.  Never lasted longer than 5 hours (which doesn't work when you're training runs are longer) and died after only 2 years.  To say I was unhappy with it is an understatement.  Glad I wasn't the one who spent money on it!

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

an amazing likeness

I can't (factually) comment on max running-time battery life on the FR210, Leslie -- I've never run it out.  Anecdotally-speaking, I've done 4 or 5 hour +/- runs without recharging it, and it showed 1/2 battery life on the little battery gauge on the display.  I generally turn it off between runs, and don't use the backlight all that much while running (because the backlight turns off so damn quickly!).

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Thanks ~

Has anybody had experience with refurbished 305s?

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Best Present Ever

But, man, how hard would it have been to make one of the six available screens be Time/Lap Time? It's such a no-brainer to me that I didn't even think about it. Any chance that could come as a software update? Three of the possible displays include calories. Calories??

But hey, all in all it looks like a great package of features, simplicity, size and price.

So I just acquired a 10 for $50 (someone got two GPS watches as presents, sold one).  I came here looking for the same original question as Mike, and had the same reaction when I used it this morning.  Calories???  why on earth would anyone want to know the calories burned while they are running?  I like that it's small and relatively minimal, but really wish it displayed lap distance/time/and or pace.