Garmin Express - Save atrributes from last run (Read 54 times)

Is there a setting to make my saved runs have the same attributes as the previous run?  I use Garmin Express to automatically upload from my FR 610.  It automatically saves the run as a "default" run and does not add my equipment.

Thank you.

Chris

an amazing likeness

When you are 'importing' the GPS data file, there are 3 option boxes:

Mark workout routes as publicly viewable
      Fill new workouts with info from the last saved workout
      Replace GPS elevation measurements

Selecting the second, "Fill new workouts..." will apply the previous workout's attributes to the workout being imported.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Thanks for the reply; but I do not "import" any data.  With Garmin Express when I log on to Running Ahead the file is already imported (through my ANT Stick) and ready to be saved.  That is my problem.

Using Garmin Connect I had the option you reference.

Now that I have gone to Garmin Express I no longer have that option.  Obviously, I must be missing a setting somewhere but I do not know where it is.

Chris

an amazing likeness

If you are using Garmin Express -- the data flows from Express -> Garmin Connect -> RunningAhead.  Then you "import" the file emitted by Garmin Connect via the Imported Workouts icon in the header -- third to the right from the RunningAHEAD logo.

If this isn't the case, then you are using a upload method I don't understand, so I'll step aside for someone who better knows how your workouts are getting populated from your FR610.

By enabling Garmin Express to automatically upload my runs I skip a step.  I think I now see a preference button on the page that you enable Garmin Express to automatically upload the run.  I will try that tonight on my home computer.

Thanks!

Chris

Now I cannot get back to the Garman Express preferences.  It appears that once you activate Garmin Express the same page does not appear again.

Does anyone know a solution?

Thanks.

Chris

I used Chrome and it worked.

Chris

an amazing likeness

I think there's a terminology difference involved here -- Garmin Express is not accessed via a web browser, it is a software package installed locally on the PC or Mac.

Garmin Express = Local software on PC or MAC for moving data from connected Garmin device (USB or ANT)

Garmin Connect Mobile = iOS and Android app for moving data from connected Garmin device (

Garmin Connect = Garmin's web activity "tracking, analysis and sharing" site

Garmin Communicator = Garmin's web browser plug-in (NPAPI) for moving data from connected Garmin device (USB or ANT) Note: No longer a viable product, has been retired and will only work in older web browsers.

You are right on the terminology.  I have Garmin Express loaded on my computer.  I initially accessed RA through IE and set up a direct connection for Garmin Express to automatically upload to RA.  It worked but I did not check the preferences.  Now that it is set up I cannot get back to the "preferences" page.

Last night I accessed RA through Chrome and it again gave me the option to have Garmin Express automatically upload to RA.  This time I could see the preferences options that you mentioned.  I checked them.

This morning after my rum I used Chrome to access RA and the data had been automatically uploaded to RA by Garmin Express and was waiting to be saved.  When I saved it, it had the attributes from my last run.

I will just access RA from Chrome and that seems to do the trick.

Thanks for your help.

Chris