Ingrown toenail (Read 647 times)

So I just returned from a month down at Ft. Knox KY doing army stuff. The last week I was there I noticed my big toe was pretty much completely numb. I didn't think much of it and figured it was due to being constantly on my feet 20 hrs a day, either just standing, running, rucking or marching. I got home on thursday and have had a few days off, and its still totally numb and kind of has a pinching feeling in it. Anyways, I was wondering, if this is an ingrown toenail, has anyone had experience with that, and how long do I have to not be running? Thanks!
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sounds odd for an ingrown. Can you post a pic?
        Ok, I feel a tad weird posting pics of my feet, but here it is. It really doesn't look too different than it did before. The side is a bit swollen but thats it. The entire left side is numb, but the right side (when I pinch each side with like my fingernail) feels fine. This is so strange... Roll eyes
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I don't really see an ingrown there, although the nail is cut a bit too short on the outer side. It may be worth getting this checked out. Tell us about your shoes and your toe box.
            Well during the month I was away I ran in my asics 1120's, but 80% of my time was spent in my combat boots. Could it just be from that? It's strange that its the left half of my toe that is totally numb...I went running this morning and it didn't seem to bother it.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, I suspect that your boots' toe box is pressing on your toe and causing a superficial neuropathy. Can you go up a size? I imagine that your feet have swollen a bit in the heat.
                Were you doing overloaded marching? like with ruck, weapon, + a machine gun, extra ammo, rounds for the mortar or rocket launcher, defensive stores and entrenching tools, etc, etc? When I was on my first leadership course I couldn't feel my toes for a couple months, we were pretty sure it was pinched nerves from carrying too much weight.
                  Hey Viich, yep we were doing a ton of that, the last week we were doing a ton of rucking and stuff w/ the full load (rifle, full ruck etc...) I'd like to get the feeling back in my toe eventually, but hey, as long as I can still use it Tongue Thanks, hopefully it will fix itself!