I don't get chia seeds (Read 424 times)

Jon the Freshman

Just for the record 'the freshman' comes from high school. unfortunately I'm now a freshman in college so the name has made a triumphant return.

SheCan

On the other and, my nose and ear hair is growing profusely. Not helping things.

Yeah, that must be a side effect of too many chia seeds.   I'm thinking I might be over doing it a bit myself:

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

TJoseph

So in addition to curing what that ails you, chia seeds will grow hair on a billiard ball? Smile

running metalhead

why?

To make them more appealing when they look like a bunch of frog eggs XD. Dunno, maybe in Mexico they consider this to look delicious. It wouldn't be the worst thing they eat over there:

Fried Chapulin.

Yeah, it's exactly what it seems to be.

- Egmond ( 14 januari )            :  1:41:40 (21K)
          - Vondelparkloop ( 20 januari ) :  0:58.1 (10K but did 13.44!!!)
          - Twiskemolenloop ( 4 maart )  :   1:35:19 (3th M45!)

- Ekiden Zwolle (10K)   ( 25 maart )
          - Rotterdam Marathon ( 8 april )
          - Leiden Marathon Halve ( 27 mei )
          - Marathon Amersfoort ( 10 juni)

I don't care to work that hard to eat something that tastes like crap in order to "do good things" for my body.  I've tried them several different ways, every friend saying they know the best way to "prepare" them and how to eat them and how I'm going to love it this way!!!  I've tried the chia "bars" at expos.  they suck too.  so now I give up.  I've not experienced excessive hair growth, but they do make my stomach feel "fuzzy"......

Tammarin.....

i put a tablespoon of them on my cereal each morning.  without the milk, they'd quickly attain sand in the foreskin status on the Universal scale of annoyance.

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Christirei

not a fan here either, I have tried the whole blending them in a smoothie thing but it ends up turning the smoothie into glue if you don't drink the whole thing within five minutes. My three girls are all gluten and dairy free though, so in an effort to make something fun for them I do make chia pudding on occassion. lots of recipes online if you google it. our favorite is to blend coconut milk with fresh strawberries and add a squeeze of lime juice, sweeten with agave or honey or just plain sugar and add chia seeds, let them soak for a couple hours or a however long....they adsorb the liquid and turn into a gummy type of pudding, kind of like tapioca but not quite. the girls like it, i don't care for it....

A Saucy Wench

They make me violently ill

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Walk-Jogger

i put a tablespoon of them on my cereal each morning.  without the milk, they'd quickly attain sand in the foreskin status on the Universal scale of annoyance.

Having been sexually mutilated at birth like a large number of males,  this is something I was not at all aware of - is it a real thing that happens?

Retired &  Loving It

funny....  funny thread.....

Tammarin.....

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

I would totally try them if they weren't so damned expensive.  I'll stick to my flaxseed.

Leah, mother of dogs

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

I would totally try them if they weren't so damned expensive.  I'll stick to my flaxseed.

I got a giant bag of them at Costco for like 9 bucks. I've been throwing a couple of teaspoons in my breakfast oatmeal or cereal or smoothie for several months now and barely made a dent in the bag.  Check there.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Try Chia Fresca.  I like mine with lime juice.