Managed an easy 2 miles...hopefully I'm on the road to recovery. (Read 499 times)

derek

I decided to try and do an easy 2 miles today to see how my legs were feeling. Unlike last week Friday, I got much further than the 10 feet :-). I managed to do the 2 miles. It felt pretty good, but my right ankle/shin started to feel a bit sore after 1.5 miles. My left knee was actually more troublesome. It was great to be back on the road again. I actually did it at a pretty fast pace for me (9:39) even though I was going at what I thought was very easy. I think the 1.5 weeks rest helped :-) I'm going to give my legs 3 more days and see if I can do an easy 3 miles on Friday. Maybe with some easy running every few days, I could be all better by the New Year and start 2007 all fresh.

Derek

Wingz

Professional Noob

Sounds like a good plan. Rest is important! Looking forward to seeing what you accomplish next year!

Roads were made for journeys...

vicentefrijole

Glad to hear you're feeling some progress in healing! Keep taking it slow! Smile
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Maybe with some easy running every few days, I could be all better by the New Year and start 2007 all fresh.
          It can't hurt...at least I hope it doesn't. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Now that was a bath...

That's great news Derek. Great pace too for a recovery run! I'm itching to get back out there too. Here's to 2007 starting off great for your running. Claire xxx
          • jlynnbob "HTFU, Kookie's distal tibia"
          • Where's my closet? I need to get back in it.