Holiday Appetizers (Read 366 times)

If you have some favorite appetizers, please post.

I have a few Holiday parties this weekend and need some recipes to pick from.

Looking for something simple and easy.

Thanks in advance.

You can use 6" or 8" wood skewers.

We made them in this order:

Green Olive
      Cheese
      Black Olive
      Salami
      Marinated mushroom*

The cheese is actually mozarella cheese sticks. One cheese stick will make four kebobs
      (cut into four equal pieces)
      Green olives (pimento stuffed)
      Black olive
      Hard salami (prepackaged) or you can have the deli slice some Genoa. Fold the salami in half,
      then in half again

*You can make the skewers with just these four items, but I found whole
      garlic marinated mushrooms and have added to the mix the last couple of
      times I made them. While Costco carries large jars of these, regular grocery
      stores will have them.

When placing the first item (green olive) on the stick, make sure to leave
      an inch or two of stick on the non-pointy end so that people can pick them
      up, then slide the remaining items on stick.

That's basically it

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

These are a couple of things that my friends and family always ask me to bring or have at any function. 

Scallops wrapped in bacon

BBQ/buffalo chicken dip

Crab Rangoon's (okay, I'll eat most food if it's in a wonton wrapper)

Deviled Eggs

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Stuffed Mushrooms

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

an amazing likeness

Tater tots wrapped in bacon.  (just like scallops wrapped with bacon, but with...well a tater tot)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Tater tots wrapped in bacon.  (just like scallops wrapped with bacon, but with...well a tater tot)

Tried these last year, melted shredded sharp cheddar, delicious!

We wrap fully cooked shrimp in bacon and grill (you could also bake). A few minutes before removing from heat, brush with raspberry chipotle. If you want something junky, yet delicious, dump some little smokies into a crock pot with a jar of apple jelly for a couple of hours. We never have leftovers of those.

I'm a personal chef, and the two items I see get gobbled up immediately at parties are meatballs and deviled eggs.  I like to put a bit of chipotle sauce in my eggs, then top 'em with shrimp.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

These are a couple of things that my friends and family always ask me to bring or have at any function. 

Scallops wrapped in bacon

BBQ/buffalo chicken dip

Crab Rangoon's (okay, I'll eat most food if it's in a wonton wrapper)

Deviled Eggs

Spinach Artichoke Dip

Stuffed Mushrooms

Please bring these when you come over. Smile

Thanks for the suggestions