Windows 8 and Garmin upload (Read 319 times)

Hi Eric Smile

I have Windows 8 on my new laptop computer and it doesn't seem to want to connect with my Garmin 305. Since this is as vital to my life as breathing, can you advise on what I need to do to fix? Clown  The response from RA is to press buttons (can't remember the precise names) that I can't find on the Garmin device. I am directed (from IE 10 to go to the desktop to access Garmin connect, which I have downloaded previously). It still doesn't work.

Help! Confused

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

eric :)

I think the problem is the Communicator plugin does not support IE10 just yet.  I'm sorry to write that you'll have to wait for Garmin to add support for it.

Hi Eric

It looks like I am using IE 9 to upload (Windows 8 has the older version installed too). RA is asking me to disconnect the Garmin and press Mode and Reset button on the Garmin. I have a Mode Button but not a reset button. For more information, which may or may not be helpful, I can use GarminConnect to upload on IE 9 but it doesn't display graphs. So it might mean that there still is an incompatibility remaining. Tx

Suffering Benefiting from mature onset exercise addiction and low aerobic endorphin release threshold. Hoping there is no cure.

Could you send me a trace of the import by clicking on the black triangle on the importer's status bar so I can see what's going on?  Thanks!

Sorry, I don't know what you mean. Blush But don't worry about it. I'm not sure whether it is RA or not. Now Garmin Connect keeps freezing on me too. It uploads for a while then the website stops responding.

sdfgewiuohsdf

No reason provided

Sorry, I don't know what you mean. Blush But don't worry about it. I'm not sure whether it is RA or not. Now Garmin Connect keeps freezing on me too. It uploads for a while then the website stops responding.

On the GPS import page, there's a little black triangle on the importer's status bar.  It will expand if you click on it.  Import your GPS data and when the problem occurs, type a short note in the text box and click the button to send the trace to me.  It might provide some information on the problem.

You should try connecting your GPS to a different USB port as well, preferably one on the back of the computer.  Garmin's software is very sensitive to noise in the cable.  I have no idea why that is, but that was what Garmin support told me.