Before and NOW pictures! (Read 22618 times)

Hi everyone, I'm very new to running (about 1 month in) and completely new to this forum, but I just wanted to chime in and say thank you for all the inspiration. I've always been fairly active but running was the one activity I never thought I could do. I'm only trudging along and maybe running 2-3 miles at a time, but these stories make me wonder if a marathon isn't completely crazy - someday.
    Simple answer Fay....YES a marathon is completely crazy (for us all).....but I think you should come and join the crazies...thre is always room for one more on the starting line.... Shocked Roll eyes Tongue Shocked Roll eyesTrain properly and - You CAN do it - Big grin

Champions are made when no one is watching

geekfarm@centurytel.net

BUMP
        Wink You should be very proud of yourself. LPH
        Adding mine because I'm past my goal but trying for just a few more pounds.. Me at 231 lbs Me at 128, trying to get a full length shot in my size 2sSmile Great job on your weight loss!! You look fantastic! However, I thought you looked great before, tooSmile

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

September 2006. This is me in August 2008, I started walking in April of 2007, and have increased steadily to the level I am at right now. Probably around a sixty pound weight loss.
            Good for you, Tim.

beep beep!

Congrats, you look amazing! Big grin
              "Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." - Mark Twain
              RunFree7

Run like a kid again!

Wow all of you are such great inspirations. Great job to all.
                  2011 Goals:
                  Sub 19 5K (19:24 5K July 14th 2010)
                  Marathon under 3:05:59 BQ (3:11:10 Indy 2010)

Another Passion

Well done, Tim. Keep up the good work!

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Wow Tim, you look really great. Good for you!
                    ~ Fly ~
                    Only as much as I dream can I be.
                    veggies on the run

Insert witty title here

I hesitate to post here because I haven't had some dramatic transformation by any means, but I'm happy with my little progress so far and hopefully will have an even better one to post in the next year or so... MTA: Hey at least it looks better than me in that crazy scuba gear in my forum pic Tongue

ThomasRuns Blog
                      Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

I hesitate to post here because I haven't had some dramatic transformation by any means...
                        Dude, you need to work on the before picture. Big grin

Vim

Insert witty title here

Dude, you need to work on the before picture. Big grin
                          Well there's a slight difference in the gut area, but the biggest difference is that in the new picture I'm holding a camera instead of a cigarette Big grin

ThomasRuns Blog
                          Twitter

"The greatest pleasure in life is doing what people say you cannot do." - [Walter Bagehot]

TNThomas - I was checking out this thread and lo and behold, there you are! I have a similar picture with snorkeling gear on that I'd rather not make public (let's just call it a head-to-toe BEFORE picture in a bathing suit, and maybe I'll show it one day when I have an AFTER). Big grin I can see the changes, and I hadn't noticed the cigarette/no cigarette comparison. Way to go! Shannan (oranges2oranges)
                              Here is my before and after........ 220lbs.... 160lbs

A Saucy Wench

Whoa. JAson..AWESOME

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7