I have HERPES!!! (Read 910 times)

Princess Cancer Pants

That's kind of what I was thinking, too. I had very mild chicken pox as a kid, as well. Here's something interesting I learned last night. Apparently my younger brother had something last Fall that my mom and I are pretty certain was shingles, by the sound of things. His symptoms were similar to mine, only with less itching and more pain. His also never ruptured and followed a similar course. Maybe there's something genetic...? k

'17 Goals:

• Chemo

• Chemo-Radiation

• Surgery

• Return to kicking my own ass by 2018

She was not strong. She was valiant. Radiant. Brave and broken. The beauty she discovered in the aftermath was unparalleled to anything she had known before, because it had come at such a cost.

~ Unknown

No...not THAT kind of herpes...I'm a good girl. Git yer heads outta the gutter, already!
      I know this doesn't have anything to do with the main subject...but anyone can get herpes. Not just "bad, dirty" people. Undecided 50-80 % of the population has oral herpes, and 25% of americans have genital...and even then, a lot of people don't even know they have it as they've never had an outbreak or it's a mild case and symptoms aren't noticed. I don't have it myself, but I do have a friend who contracted it after a boyfriend who didn't know he had it himself gave it to her. She has had very, very few partners, and is always monogamous. She is a good girl.