Cannot save GPS data and weight entry (Read 346 times)

aigu

Hi,

in the morning I saved the last weight entry - all was okay. Around 15 minutes ago I uploaded GPS data from my Garmin Forerunner 405, I could edit the data, but the running data was not stored (although the kilometers were added to the equipment data). I tried to enter another weight entry - this also wasn't stored in my training log.

Can someone tell me whether there is a problem with the RunningAhead website?

Best regards,

aigu

Linz, Austria

eric :)

aigu,

This is related to the recent upgrade.  RA now uses your country's date format.  Since you're using a custom date, you should not be affected.  The workouts are in your log, but their dates are wrong.  If you go to the equipment page, then click on the shoe name that you used, you will get a list of workouts in that shoe.  You will also notice that there are 3 workouts for 14-Jan-0201.

I'm not sure how the dates were change so I'll have to do more investigating tonight.  It would help me greatly if you provide me with a list of steps of what you did, starting with importing the data from your GPS.

aigu

Hi Eric,

thank you for your answer.

It seems that I found the problem - it had something to do with the custom short date format. 

What I did this morning:

- Transfering from Garmin Forerunner 405 using Garmin ANT Agent on the iMac (Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.2)

- Running data looks okay in Garmin Training Center

- On runningahead.com using function "Upload GPS Data" (import new workouts only)

- Imported workout is shown (17-Jan-2010, 08:10 CET), saved using the diskette symbol

- Adding workout type, weight, weather info, temperature, equipment - and saving using save button

- New workout is NOT shown in "Summary", NOT shown in "Calendar" and also NOT shown in "Workouts" but got added to equipment mileage

When I looked at the equipment log, I found out that the workout data had been stored using the wrong date 17-Jan-0201. It seems that the date field in the workout details page is too short to display the date formated as "17-Jan-2010" but it works okay with "17.01.2010"

Therefore I removed the custom short date format in my Settings page and now everything is back to normal. I will keep the custom date short format unchanged but maybe it is possible that you extend the date field so that formats like "dd-MMM-yyyy" fit.

Kind regards,

aigu

eric :)

aigu,

Thank you for helping me track down the problem.  I extended the length of date field so you can go back to your custom short date format.  Please let me know if it works for you.

eric :-)