Garmin Communicator plugin not working in Chrome (Read 1124 times)

eric :)

Hi all,

I received multiple emails from users saying that the Garmin Communicator is not working with the latest version of Chrome, but working fine in Safari.  I believe this is caused by the latest Chrome update.  If you haven't updated to the latest Chrome, maybe you should delay it until the problem is resolved.  If you are having this problem, you should use Safari or Firefox for now.

The Garmin forums appear to be down right now because I can't get to it so I can't check if there's a workaround.  Feel free to contribute to this thread if you know of any workarounds or new developments.  Thanks!

eric Smile

Relevant thread at the Garmin forum appears to be this one.

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

There is a beta version of the Communicator plugin at the URL I linked to above which corrects this problem.

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

eric :)

Awesome... thanks for staying on top of that, setantae. 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

There is a beta version of the Communicator plugin at the URL I linked to above which corrects this problem.

Thanks! Been driving me nuts to have to switch browsers and the last time I checked Garmin hadn't cared to do anything about it.

Run to Win
              25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

skibug

Looks like there is a fix for this finally - 

http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3739