My get up and go... (Read 882 times)

Alan, that's miserable. Better to be injured when the weather is crummy. 60...ahhh...that sounds heavenly! Let's trade locales...you come here and stay warm indoors whilst looking at the pretty snow and I'll go there and run. Then when you are healed we can trade back and the weather here might be better. Big grin
    You know as much as I would love to I will have to decline. We have a cold front coming through tonight so I think I will a taste of the cold. Let's see, I think it is supposed to get down to 30* or so. Clowning around
    http://distance-runner.blogspot.com
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Let's see, I think it is supposed to get down to 30* or so. Clowning around
      Evil grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Burn out city!! I'm in the boat with you. I think this is a sign that next year at this time we need to take a week-long vacation somewhere warm, tropical and sunny. I'm calendaring it right now!!

Imminent Catastrophe

And here I sit on the opposite side of the fence and have temps in the 60's and can't run because of a strained muscle in my back. I try to run about every 3-4 days when I feel better and then get sidelined again.
          I feel your pain, basically sidelined for going on 4 weeks. Weather is the least of my problems. Buh.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Burn out city!! I'm in the boat with you. I think this is a sign that next year at this time we need to take a week-long vacation somewhere warm, tropical and sunny. I'm calendaring it right now!!
            Yes...with umbrella drinks and cabana boys. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

HOSS1961

WOW...is that you in the pic? You're look like you are 20 years old??? Move south young girl move south!!! I am in central VA and this morning was the 1st time in 2 weeks I had the long stuff on. Last week I ran in shorts and short sleeves a couple of days....temps in the 70's. But the one thing about VA, if you don't like the weather wait a day and it will be different. Though I can't imagine your weather, and don't want to experience it either, I do hate "cold" weather and all that goes with it-snow, ice, sleet, etc... I would rather run when it is 90 degrees than run when it is in the teens. It takes my old butt forever to get into the run when it is cold
              HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

WOW...is that you in the pic? You're look like you are 20 years old???
                Blush Thanks! That was taken 3 years ago, so I was 32. I still get carded (at least when I don't have DS with me), which rocks! Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I agree! DH and I just banked timeshare time so we can take a week off with the kids next winter - April vacation, actually, because that time of year is worse than February up here! It will help to have something warm to look forward to. Cool
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha! I was determined to run a mile for every 5 I've been alive and goldurnit I did! It kinda sucked and the windchill was ~5º. No bare asphalt anywhere and when I returned home my hat had frozen to my hair around the nape of my neck, but I did my slow 7+ miles and Old Man Winter and that biotch Mother Nature didn't stop me! Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Ha! I was determined to run a mile for every 5 I've been alive and goldurnit I did! It kinda sucked and the windchill was ~5º. No bare asphalt anywhere and when I returned home my hat had frozen to my hair around the nape of my neck, but I did my slow 7+ miles and Old Man Winter and that biotch Mother Nature didn't stop me! Evil grin
                      Nice job! Way to HTFU, old lady!

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Eh...what was that? Speak up, sonny, I'm hard of hearin' nowadays... *hollers* Where's my Geritol and prunes?!

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Yes...with umbrella drinks and cabana boys. Evil grin
                          Is 41 too old to apply for a cabana boy job? Big grin Modified to add: Zoomie, you look Marilyn Monroe-esque in that pic.

Rick
                          "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                          "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                          runningforcassy.blogspot.com

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Is 41 too old to apply for a cabana boy job? Big grin
                            Can you make a mean margarita? Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Another Passion

Can you make a mean margarita? Big grin
                              I sure as heck can lurn. Big grin Regardless of the saying, you can teach old dogs new tricks. Wink

Rick
                              "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                              "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                              runningforcassy.blogspot.com

I'm having a rough time as well...Met my 1000K goal for 2007 by almost DOUBLING my monthly miles JUST in December, took a week off then started ramping up for the Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon in Phoenix in January...THEN got sick as a dog for about a week... I'm trying to get my motivation back too, especially since that pace bunny for the 1000k for 2008 is about 30 miles ahead of me... Undecided
                                "Every man's life ends the same way. It is only the details of how he lived and how he died that distinguish one man from another." -Ernest Hemingway

-When Chuck Norris wants popcorn, he breathes on Nebraska.

-Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only recognizes the element of surprise.