Garmin Forerunner 305 Foot Pod Question (Read 450 times)

I am interested in purchasing a foot pod for my 305 since I have been working out more in a gym with a treadmill and I am a stats junkie.

I was looking on Amazon and I have found that the foot pod sells for about $90. The unit will work with Forerunner 50, 205, 305, 405 and I think a few others. Also at Amazon they have a Forerunner 50 with HRM and foot pod for $80.

Would I just be better off purchasing the Forerunner 50 and using the foot pod on my 305. This way I also have a backup HRM if mine goes bad and a Forerunner 50 if my 305 goes bad? Does Garmin lock the units sold as combo's so that the foot pod and HRM will only work with that Forerunner 50?

Thanks for any comments....

Mike

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

The older version of the foot pod can be had for a little over $30.  It's a little bigger than the one that ships with the 50, but you won't really notice it on your shoe. 

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.