Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

I guess I'm confused as to what is not adding up for you...  Sure the Wave Sayanora COULD have been called the Precision 14, but since it is nothing like the Precision.. why would it?  

I think it would have been a lot like what Nike tried to do (or is currently doing) with the Zoom Elite+ 5... it really is absolutely nothing like the Zoom Elite heritage that it "replaced".  If you have ever ran in the old line of Elites, and then tried the new line... they are nothing alike, and it's evident the shoes were lazily named, just to try and market the shoe towards old Elite runners who wanted the shoe back.  (I was one of them!).

The Wave Sayanora will feature a new midsole that has yet to hit the market, (taking the place of AP+)... lighter more resilient, it allows our designers to get a bit more creative & innovative when designing shoes for runner's needs.  So basically, you can make a neutral shoe with inherent stability so that there is no need for posting or a double wave plate.

Please keep the questions coming as I love talking about this shoe... but realize it's still pretty early, and we have 6 more months of waiting!  Big grin

so Sayonara is not replacing anything, but it could have been called the Precision 14? Doesn't make sense. And Mizuno want the Elixir users to move to the Precision14 aka Sayonara? Still doesn't make sense.

Maybe it'll all make sense when I see the shoe.

---------

Gunnie26.2

#dowork

July can't get here soon enough IMO.Approve

Please keep the questions coming as I love talking about this shoe... but realize it's still pretty early, and we have 6 more months of waiting!  Big grin

PR's - 5K - 20:15 (2013) | 10K - 45:14 (2011)  | 13.1 - 1:34:40 (2013)  | 26.2 - 3:40:40 (2014)

Up Next:

???

Melton

You people are a trip, enjoy your runs TODAY, cross that '6 months into the future' bridge when you get to it.

Feeling the growl again

So I just looked around the web and snapped up a few  Wave Precision 12s on closeout.  White/red, a little loud but not bad.

Then I saw the 13s.  Seriously, when I can't get the 12s anymore I may have to switch brands based on just the color alone.  I really don't care how I look when I run but the latest color schemes are just over the top.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

WhoDatRunner

Will Crew for Beer

So I just looked around the web and snapped up a few  Wave Precision 12s on closeout.  White/red, a little loud but not bad.

Then I saw the 13s.  Seriously, when I can't get the 12s anymore I may have to switch brands based on just the color alone.  I really don't care how I look when I run but the latest color schemes are just over the top.

Aw, come on. You'd look fly in those lime colored ones.

Rule number one of a gunfight, bring a gun. Rule number two of a gunfight, bring friends with guns.

Smashy!!!

I'm not sure why you're being so hostile. I'm just askin for clarification as you and MSG give conflicting info. In the thread on RWOL, someone commented that the Elixir was being replaced with the Sayonara, and you corrected him, saying it was replacing the Precision. Now you are saying something different.

So now I take it that Mizuno is discontinuing Precision and Elixir, and not replacing them. Instead they are offering a new shoe that is nothing like either shoe that users of both shoes will like. Okay. We'll see.

Again, I'm not sure why so hostile to requests for clarification. I've been a pretty loyal Mizuno customer. I'll probably get,and like, Sayonara.

I guess I'm confused as to what is not adding up for you...  Sure the Wave Sayanora COULD have been called the Precision 14, but since it is nothing like the Precision.. why would it?  

I think it would have been a lot like what Nike tried to do (or is currently doing) with the Zoom Elite+ 5... it really is absolutely nothing like the Zoom Elite heritage that it "replaced".  If you have ever ran in the old line of Elites, and then tried the new line... they are nothing alike, and it's evident the shoes were lazily named, just to try and market the shoe towards old Elite runners who wanted the shoe back.  (I was one of them!).

The Wave Sayanora will feature a new midsole that has yet to hit the market, (taking the place of AP+)... lighter more resilient, it allows our designers to get a bit more creative & innovative when designing shoes for runner's needs.  So basically, you can make a neutral shoe with inherent stability so that there is no need for posting or a double wave plate.

PRs: 21:35 (5K); 1:46:46 (HM); 4:30:46 (FM)

Julia1971

+1.  I was going to comment on this but didn't want to come off as being girlie, so I'm glad the guys have brought it up.  Smile  I do care about matching.  (Or at least not looking like I just threw on whatever was on the floor).  I just made the switch to the Wave Rider 16s and my choices are: turquoise and electric pink, red and electric green, or white and purple.  My LRS only had the first two choices so I bought the turquoise AND the Gel Nimbus.  I actually considered going back to my old shoe because I didn't like those colors.  (And, had already spent the last 6 months wearing the electric pink Precision 13s).  I returned them the next day and ordered the purple ones online because it's the closest thing to a neutral.  But, yeah, if another shoe comes along that feels just as good as the Wave Riders and in a neutral color, I will probably switch.

Feeling the growl again

But, yeah, if another shoe comes along that feels just as good as the Wave Riders and in a neutral color, I will probably switch.

I just went to the effort of sending them an email explaining my displeasure with the color schemes.  Perhaps we're not the only two.  Yes, when my WP 12s are gone I am trying another brand...it's been 9-10 years in Mizuno only.  Sigh.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Feeling the growl again

The new and improved Mizuno Wave Bozo 1s....

Big grin

run2thehills

rebuilding r2th v2.0

I just went to the effort of sending them an email explaining my displeasure with the color schemes.  Perhaps we're not the only two.  Yes, when my WP 12s are gone I am trying another brand...it's been 9-10 years in Mizuno only.  Sigh.

I want to do the same thing re. the Elixirs. Where did you send the email to?

Seriously, they must have had an intern on LSD when the color schemes were picked.

Feeling the growl again

I want to do the same thing re. the Elixirs. Where did you send the email to?

Seriously, they must have had an intern on LSD when the color schemes were picked.

Link.

If you don't like the colors, please complain about that too.  Smile

run2thehills

rebuilding r2th v2.0

Link.

Done.

Resident Sk8r boi

I dunno....I dig the wildness.  I call my elixir 8's my 'running Vans;' but of course my affinity for the checkerboards was well covered in the first preview thread over on RWOL.

Link.

feel free to shoot me an email   seth@mizunousa.com  I can forward anything to the actual people that need to see it...

---------

So now I take it that Mizuno is discontinuing Precision and Elixir, and not replacing them. Instead they are offering a new shoe that is nothing like either shoe that users of both shoes will like. Okay. We'll see.

I'm bummed if my post came across with any sort of hostility... thats for sure not what I'm going for, I'm just super passionate about this topic, but I  think where some (most) of the confusion here is, is just about semantics... If people want to call a Sayanora a replacement, I'm fine with it... it's just not the way I see it.  Either way, it's such a cool, brand new, super innovate shoe... I'm just stoked on it's release!

It's a struggle sometimes, when shoes start to cannibalize eachother, and we see that right now with Wave Rider and Precision next to eachother... there really is not enough substantial differences between the 2 shoes, to allow them to coexists... so our footwear team realized they needed to step their game up, and make an even better option... and just doing a slightly better "Precision 14" was not the option.

---------