Addictive web site (Read 684 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

http://url.geoguessr.com/3nPC

Nicely done. Remarkable how close your guesses were to mine.  I don't see your B guess at all, though. (?)

Never mind, you were sitting right on top of the Google camera for that one.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Getting a downtown location with street signs makes this so much easier, if not fair (livingston MT)

Your guess was 0.047 km from the correct location and gave 6475 points.

Whoa!  Yeah, my UP one was in the boonies and it looked like the camera lens was fogged (what's with those?  Some of the Google cam pics are horribly fuzzy).  I "drove" a ways to find a sign that pointed towards Marinette (I already was suspicious that I knew the road I was on from visual memory), then guesstimated where I'd been plunked-down.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Will run for scenery.

I just wasted three hours on this one.  31,644 points.

No Googling, but I did "drive" around a lot !

click to challenge

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sheesh...way to set the bar HIGH!!!! Wink

~ Sarah Kay

MrH

Pretty sloppy in your work. Clown

Your guess was 0.005 km from the correct location and gave 6479 points.

The challenging guess was 0.014 km from the correct location and gave 6478 points

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

GC100k

Nicely done. Remarkable how close your guesses were to mine.  I don't see your B guess at all, though. (?)

Never mind, you were sitting right on top of the Google camera for that one.

Ya, I cheated on that one.  I saw the street signs and googled where it was.  It's actually more fun to take a quick glance and then guess.

I also thought the church looked Greek.  I identified the one as southern US and was surprised it wasn't southern Florida.  I also identified Pennsylvania right away (I'm moving there next month) and snooped around to get pretty close.  Right before that I did one where 4 out of the 5 were in Australia and I figured if I had no idea I should guess Australia.

Hip Redux

My husband and I are playing the challenge game with a 2 minute limit on each stage.   There is a lot of swearing going on in my household tonight.  lol

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My husband and I are playing the challenge game with a 2 minute limit on each stage.   There is a lot of swearing going on in my household tonight.  lol

Yeah, I thought about putting a 30 second limit on each place, just to test your intuition rather than your investigatory skills.

Hip Redux

Check out where Mr. Oski just landed.  Whoa.  A real tourist attraction.

Linky

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Check out where Mr. Oski just landed.  Whoa.  A real tourist attraction.

Linky

For a vacation on a budget.

I Wiki'd details:

In 2013, Google sent an employee to the island with a Street View backpack to capture its condition in panoramic 360-degree views and allow users to take a virtual walk across the island. Google also used its Business Photos technology to let users look inside the abandoned buildings, complete with old black-and-white TVs and discarded soda bottles.

Hip Redux

For a vacation on a budget.

I Wiki'd details:

In 2013, Google sent an employee to the island with a Street View backpack to capture its condition in panoramic 360-degree views and allow users to take a virtual walk across the island. Google also used its Business Photos technology to let users look inside the abandoned buildings, complete with old black-and-white TVs and discarded soda bottles.

And it was in Skyfall!

I can't get into the buildings, though, that would be cool!

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

And it was in Skyfall!

I can't get into the buildings, though, that would be cool!

Inspired Skyfall, but no filming there, it says.

Do you need Google Earth to get into buildings or what?

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I love that this game (and this thread) is putting us into spots all over the globe that we would likely never see.

~ Sarah Kay

Hip Redux

I love that this game (and this thread) is putting us into spots all over the globe that we would likely never see.

And has fully convinced me that there are large parts of Brazil I NEVER want to go to  lol

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

And has fully convinced me that there are large parts of Brazil I NEVER want to go to  lol

Tru dat.  Australia, too.

~ Sarah Kay