Southern Ontario: Missing Person (Read 431 times)

Feeling the growl again

I'm proud of Tim's wife and what she has gone through and what she is doing now.

She's a young woman, and she's going through a difficult time, but when I read this article yesterday, I realize how good the community surrounding her has been, and how mature she is in her response to this difficult situation.

Thanks for the update.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Update:

It was a year ago today that this man went missing and was murdered.  (Timand his wife were very good friend of my brother's family).

In Canada, this story made national news and still is in the news.

There has been tremendous support for his wife and daughter and she's setup a great charity called "Tim's Tribute" that will support the families of other victims of homicide who do not receive the same support that Tim's wife received after Tim was murdered (financial, emotional, counseling, etc) .

Regarding the accused murderers.... Two young men have now been charged with 3 counts of murder.  The other 2 murders were people associated with the CEO murderer (Millard) that died mysterious deaths (his father and his girlfriend).  An accomplice to the murder has also been arrested recently (possibly the person who dropped them off at Tim's house before the murder).

(Be careful selling items on Craigslist)

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Village people

I read an update in the news. So awful.

The jury selection started this week.

The trial begins on Feb. 1.

An ordinary guy.

An anticipated 4 month murder trial.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6241850-clairmont-tim-bosma-s-wide-reach-evident-in-courtroom/

Life Goals:

Village people

I was reading about the jury selection and thought of you, kercan. This cannot be easy on anyone.

Feeling the growl again

The jury selection started this week.

The trial begins on Feb. 1.

An ordinary guy.

An anticipated 4 month murder trial.

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6241850-clairmont-tim-bosma-s-wide-reach-evident-in-courtroom/

This was, and is, awful and tragic.

Last year we had a local veteran killed trying to buy an iPad off Craigslist for his kid's Christmas present.

I did sell my truck on Craigslist not long after Tim's incident.  The majority of responses were clear scams or made me nervous.  I did sell it there but took a lot of precautions.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6550372-clairmont-bosma-trial-becomes-frighteningly-real/

3 1/2 months later, and the trial is still going on.

Yesterday, one of the accused killers testified in his own defense.

The other (the airline CEO) will not testify in his own defense.

Over the next couple of weeks, the jury will deliberate on determine their fate.

Sad story.

Close community.

(I know this thread isn't running related, but this story does relate to my current running and logging of my running activity)

Life Goals:

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I've been following this case since he first went missing even though I'm in Sask and he was in Ontario.

I really hope they find those two guilty. I know it won't ever make it okay, but I think they need to go to jail for a long time.

Very sad!

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

Prince of Fatness

A couple of municipalities in my area have opened "safe areas" for closing online transactions.  These places don't offer physical security but they are under 24/7 video surveillance.  While this doesn't offer protection at the point of sale, I think that it will prevent meetings that could go bad from ever happening.  I like the idea.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2016/04/close_ebay_craigslist_deals_in.html

Not at it at all. 

I know a few local police stations have started offering their location as a safe area for online transactions.  I love the idea and hope it becomes the norm.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/suburbs/lake-county-news-sun/news/ct-lns-safe-exchange-internet-sales-st-0326-20160328-story.html

A couple of municipalities in my area have opened "safe areas" for closing online transactions.  These places don't offer physical security but they are under 24/7 video surveillance.  While this doesn't offer protection at the point of sale, I think that it will prevent meetings that could go bad from ever happening.  I like the idea.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/warren-county/index.ssf/2016/04/close_ebay_craigslist_deals_in.html

Feeling the growl again

I know a few local police stations have started offering their location as a safe area for online transactions.  

This.  If they won't meet you in the parking lot of the local police station, something's up.  People have started doing that around here after a veteran in our little town of 400 got killed buying an iPad in the city.

And kercan, running related or no, I appreciate the updates on this one.

JimR

Smich (co-accused) testified in his defence Wednesday and finished off Thursday.  Cross exam starts Monday.  I've been following the courtroom testimony on Twitter for a couple of weeks.  Wednesday was pretty dramatic, it's the first glimpse given of what happened that day.  The victims mother had to leave the courtroom partway, too much for her to bear.

I've read probably 90% of all testimony on Twitter since Feb 1.

Crazy to follow a trial on Twitter. In fact, I cannot imagine how they plead 'not guilty'.  Following a trial like this on Twitter has been a real eye opener regarding the presentation of evidence against an accused.

Smich's testimony any story was the first glimpse of a defense (for him). Apart from that, I cannot understand how this has taken 3 1/2 months.

I have family friends who have been in the courtroom every day of the trial since the beginning of February to be with the Bosma family.

Smich (co-accused) testified in his defence Wednesday and finished off Thursday.  Cross exam starts Monday.  I've been following the courtroom testimony on Twitter for a couple of weeks.  Wednesday was pretty dramatic, it's the first glimpse given of what happened that day.  The victims mother had to leave the courtroom partway, too much for her to bear.

Life Goals:

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I have family friends who have been in the courtroom every day of the trial since the beginning of February to be with the Bosma family. 

I think about the Bosma family often when I'm reading the news about this trial. I don't know if I could sit there and listen to all of it. They must be incredibly strong people.

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

JimR

Pretty intense in the courtroom the last several days.  The accused (Millard) and co-accused (Smich) are basically pointing the finger at each other, each saying 'he did it'.  Smich has taken the stand in his own defense with initial questioning from his counsel.  Now the counsel for Millard has been doing cross-exam since Monday, still going on.  Millard won't be taking the stand so full reliance on counsel.

I'm assuming crown will also be doing cross-exam of Smich at some point, there are some holes in Smich's story.  Remembers great detail about some things, then completely blank on other significant issues.