First 100 Mile Week (Read 1197 times)

Chris UK

Congratulations, JK! Great job and accomplishment! Man! How does one run over 500 miles in a month and not break?!?[
    He is the DARK KNIGHT of running. Cool

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

big congrats JK. follow that week up with something big!
      And you know sometimes it gets so painful Just like talking to yourself When everything don't seem to have no rhyme or reason We all go Do do loo do do, do do loo do do Waiting for the sun to shine
        I watched the finish at last Saturdays race. I was impressed that you nearly went under 23.... but disappointed in you that Tanya was ahead of you. Congrats on the 100 mile week. Keep it up with more consistency and run a dang marathon under 3:30 already. K? Smile

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

I was impressed that you nearly went under 23.... but disappointed in you that Tanya was ahead of you.
          I'll pretend I didn't see this. Clowning around How come I never see you at these races? Are you invisible?

I'll pretend I didn't see this. Clowning around How come I never see you at these races? Are you invisible?
            I feel invisible most of the time, but I presumed you saw/recognized me. I was too bashful to approach and was hoping you would or JK to introduce me. I did get first for 40-44 and you were still there, right?

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

Actually, I don't even know what you look like (except for tiny race pic avatars). I think I was there until the bitter end, so we must have crossed paths. Did you hang out until the Grand Prix pictures were taken? Oh well. Next time! Congrats on your race ( I "peeked" at your log notes...). What a miserable course. But a fun day.

Marquess of Utopia

Nice work, man.
                kcam

I am totally awed by the 100 mile week. I've never done 100 miles, or even come close. You know that thread about being scared of marathons? I ain't too scared of marathons but I sure am skeered of a 100 mile week! You knocked it right out. Congratulations.

Hoping to Run Again :-(

Wow. Great job! You guys are fierce!
                    ~ Fly ~
                    Only as much as I dream can I be.
                    veggies on the run

Just Be

Congrats, JK. That's pretty crazy! Keep it up! I'll hope for low humidity in your future. Wink
                      JakeKnight

Thanks, all. For what it's worth, I ran a 40 second PR in the 5k today, two weeks later. Cause and effect? You decide. But running a big week sure didn't hurt.
                        Congrats, JK. That's pretty crazy! Keep it up! I'll hope for low humidity in your future. Wink
                        Actually, high humidity is good for big mileage. Now when I try to break the 3:00 mile, I'll definitely need low humidity. Pray for me.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                        -----------------------------

Why is it sideways?

Cause: TanyaS. Effect: Restoration of pride.

Just Be

Actually, high humidity is good for big mileage.
                            Why? Confused
                            monikam

Congratulations!! That's big!!
                              Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon - Sep 28
                                Thanks, all. For what it's worth, I ran a 40 second PR in the 5k today, two weeks later. Cause and effect? You decide. But running a big week sure didn't hurt.
                                A 100 mile week is way beyond my ability. Keep up the good work Big grin