How to make "Easy" the default workout type (Read 735 times)

Whenever I upload new workouts from my Forerunner 305, they come in as workout type "Default" which doesn't mean much to me. I'd like them to be "Easy" by default, so I have to change them only if I've run a race or done an interval workout.

I see that I can delete "Default" as a workout type, but I'm unsure what will happen to a new upload if I do that.

Suggestions on the best way to make "Easy" the default?

cheers... -Adam

HermosaBoy

Easiest way to do it is to select "Fill workouts to be uploaded with info from the last saved workout entry" in your uploads options.

Then it will upload with the details (course, type of run, shoes, etc.) based on your last run.  Then you can modify the things that are different.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

You can also go in and delete the default option. Go to settings>Manage Activities>Run>Default

Now delete it. This will put the next item in alphabetical order, hopefully easy, as the default selection.

HermosaBoy

You can also go in and delete the default option. Go to settings>Manage Activities>Run>Default

Now delete it. This will put the next item in alphabetical order, hopefully easy, as the default selection.

When you do that, it makes you assign a new default -- which turned out to be "easy" for me.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

That is weird, I just did it today and it didn't ask me.

eric :)

You can't delete the Default type.  It will regenerate the next time you import.  I'll add this request to my list of todos.

Thanks, Eric - I was running infrequently enough that I didn't realize the previous suggestions weren't working until recently.

cheers... -Adam

Since this post is seven years old, what is the best way to do this today? Thanks.