New heel pain (Read 56 times)

Mr MattM

</GRIPE>

Well, I'm just venting...

Outta nowhere the back of my left heel started hurting.  Didn't notice it until Friday night.  My general rule is to evaluate pain by whether or not running makes it worse.  I hobbled through a 4 miler on Saturday and it seemed to get worse.  I woke up Sunday and there was no pain, so I went for an easy 10k run.  Seemed okay.  Woke up this morning, and the pain is back but less severe than it was on Saturday.

Heel pain is new to me, and it freaking sucks.

</END GRIPE>

be curious; not judgmental

Could you be specific on where the pain is? How far up from the floor when standing, centered or on inner or outer side.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Mr MattM

Could you be specific on where the pain is? How far up from the floor when standing, centered or on inner or outer side.

It's pretty much top-center left (outside).  I'm dealing with it.  Two short runs today with a little up-tempo... just feeling it out to see how it reacts.  It's not bad enough to stop me from running, though on Saturday I thought I would be down for a while,

I can't place what it might be given that location and what I know. I thought it might be achilles, but not on the outside of your foot. Did you get new shoes recently?

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Mr MattM

It's some kinda inflammation... I just don't know why it's popped up.  It could be ping pong related.  We just started a ping pong tourney at work last week and this showed up on Friday night.  I may have just tweaked something without realizing it.

Ping pong can be a brutal game!

Anyhow... I ran twice yesterday... pushed the pace a bit... and have more soreness today.  I think a little rest might be in order...