Ever have to force yourself to take a night off? (Read 1120 times)

Think Whirled Peas

'bout time for a Summer of Malmo link... Run. As often and as far as your body will allow.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

mikeymike

Q, didn't you hear? This is the Summer of Mikey.

Runners run

Think Whirled Peas

Q, didn't you hear? This is the Summer of Mikey.
        I did not know this. Sounds interesting, if a little steeped in elitist prickery. I'll have to google this "Summer of Mikey" and there BETTER NOT be anything related to Boston's recent domination of the sporting world....sheesh.

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Its been a while since I was in really good shape....but yes, back in my past, I had to force myselt to take my days off. Even with higher mileage I was raring to go on my scheduled days off........ Fortunately, Im older and smarter now and dont have the problem.....but i bet it's pretty common and especially with really strong high mileage runners. JohnA

Champions are made when no one is watching

x2. I never have to schedule. Some work/life thing will take care of that for me. No run this morning b/c I was up too late watching the Celtics become world champs!!!!! Had to get that in today. Big grin
            NBA Champions =/= World champions
              I would definitely say take the night off (if its supposed to be one of your off days). I understand the feeling you had, I've had days where I know it is my off day yet I want to run and I have to force myself to stay in. It sucks, but its best in the long run (in my opinion and at least for me) so you don't overtrain and injure yourself. I guess this only stands if you have some sort of structured training program where you know ahead of time which days you are *supposed* to take off. Anywho, I definitely identified with that feeling and I would say stay in if it was supposed to be an off day! Good luck to you!

2012: Just run.

kcam

Yeah, sometimes I have to take the night off. Hell, I'm not a machine ferchrissakes - the wife'll just have to understand.
                  Guess what I did last night? I ran when it was suppose to be my night off and pulled something in my calf. For those who told me to stick with my routine and take the night off, I should have listened to you. It fells alot better right now, but I'm not going to run tonight and wait and see how it feels tomorrow night before I make a descision to run or not.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"