Son's Mile PR (Read 1020 times)

RIP, Henry, my soul mate

My stepson was running similar times when he was 15, and now, as a senior, he is one of the fastest runners in our state. Last week, he got "the call" (as we started to refer to it in our family) from an ACC school and he will be running there next year. It's amazing what can happen in two years. Be proud, keep on doing what you're doing, and hey, let him be a little cocky if he's got the goods to back it up! Wink BTW, there is a camp at EMU in Harrisonburg, VA our kids attend every year. You might want to check it out. It's a good one.
      and congrats to your stepson too horsemom2b! thats fab news for him. absolutely you should be proud.

RIP, Henry, my soul mate

My stepson was running similar times when he was 15, and now, as a senior, he is one of the fastest runners in our state. Last week, he got "the call" (as we started to refer to it in our family) from an ACC school and he will be running there next year. It's amazing what can happen in two years. Be proud, keep on doing what you're doing, and hey, let him be a little cocky if he's got the goods to back it up! Wink BTW, there is a camp at EMU in Harrisonburg, VA our kids attend every year. You might want to check it out. It's a good one.
        BTW, I wasn't trying to imply your son's time isn't already great. I just wanted to point out to other posters that he is well on his way to being a phenomenal runner!
          Um, thanks for that uplifting note, Mike. Roll eyes
          I'm so sorry for telling the truth, next time I should think before posting. Roll eyes I clearly stated that he has talent and has potential but that won't get you anywhere without hard work. He was still a whole lot faster than I was as a sophomore, it's not like I was insulting him or anything. Just the truth.
          JakeKnight

Play nice, kids. This is RA, remember? Mike, I knew what you meant, and you were right. Just keep in mind that this part of the forum is for bragging about your accomplishments or those of others, and for us to cheer. If she'd asked in the training forums about her son's competitive future, your post would have been perfect. Here, not so much. That's why people got grumpy. No worries. I peeked at your log, by the way - great training! Are you training for anything in particular?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
            -----------------------------

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Wow, thanks for all the posts! A lot happens when you don't log on for a day. Mike, I appreciate your input - the main thing my son needs right now is to stay grounded. It's easy to think you're THE BEST when you're just competing on the local level. I make it a point to check out high school runners' time all over the country and let him know what they are! Horsemom2b, that's great about your stepson! I so enjoy seeing these kids succeed. They have more time and energy than most adults to pursue their goals, and they can really shine. Good luck to him next year! I will check out the EMU camp, too. Deardick, wow! That sounds like an incredible time for a 13-year-old girl! She definitely has a running future ahead of her. Good luck! Yesterday, it took me 1:03:18 to run 5.5 miles, trying my hardest. It took my son 1:08 to go for an "easy" 9.5 mile run. I let him borrow my new Garmin 305. He said the only problem with it is that when he sees his pace, he wants to "beat it." I'm not asking for advice for him on these boards because he has an excellent HS coach and I don't want to be an interfering mom, since I am definitely a control freak. I'll be asking for help for myself, though, when I improve enough that speed work, hills, etc. will make a difference. Have a great day, everyone! Teresa