Garmin 405 vs Timex Trail Runner w/ bodylink system (Read 1558 times)

Food, Folks, Fun, Beer

The garmin is $349 generally. The Timex Trail Runner is $205 on amazon.com. I'd like a watch that can be worn like a watch but with accurate pace information. Is the timex trail runner good enough? Also do either of these have problems in the rain? How often do you have to charge the 405? Undecided Confused
      I'm a 405 user, so I can only comment about that. I charge it about once per week now that I'm running 4 days per week. During marathon season, I charged it every 5 days or so. Pace accuracy is very good. And even though it's a little big for a watch, I do wear it all the time, simply because I run over lunch and don't want to forget it. It's a little big - but not crazy big. While you can have problems with moisture, the simple fix is to "lock the bezel" so it doesn't switch screens (Moisture can be mis-read as a touch sometimes). If you do that, no sweat.

Go to http://certainintelligence.blogspot.com for my blog.

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Garmin 305 is only $159 at costco.com currently.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Dave

Garmin 305 is only $159 at costco.com currently.
          What Jeff said. He and I are peas in a pod. The tracking on the 305 and 405 are pretty much identical. I have no problem with it in the rain. Not sure I'd want the extra pieces that go with the Timex system.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Running Dad

True about not having extra pieces for a gps system, but other than that the timex system works. If you're looking at actually collecting your data ect I would probably go with the garmin. If you're not worried then the timex works pretty well. As for accuracy it's probably right on with the Garmin, and I'm only going by the mile beeps from my last race. It was actually kinda funny to hear everyones gps beeping in unison. but newayz..
            Things to do this year:
            Not get an injury
            Things done this year:
            Bi-Lo 5k(Myrtle Beach) : 02.12.10 - 25:??