Plantar Hyperhidrosis / Excessive sweating (Read 110 times)

Does anybody have Plantar Hyperhidrosis? (excessive sweating of feet)

Has anybody had botox injections for it?

How about surgery?

Any other homeopathic remedies that you have used?

My son (10 years old) has hyperhidrosis real bad due to a gene mutation (hands & feet), and the sweat is causing extremely painful conditions.  His feet dry out beyond belief (yes, sweat causes them to dry out), and he's lost all skin and callouses that cause incredibly deep and wide cracks that make walking almost unbearable.

We've sought medical help, and have heard the options.

- botox is supposed to have 6 - 9 months of sweat gland relief

- surgery is supposed to 'cure' the sweat gland production

- we've tried any and all creams that people have mentioned that we've heard about (utter cream, etc.)

- we've tried juices

- we've done the wet sock to bed approach
    We're somewhat at a loss regarding the next steps, but realize that some of you may have experienced it.

FWIW, he's a top age group swimmer within our community, and has been sidelined for a few weeks due to the deep cracks.  It's not the chlorine in the pool.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Bruno

Hey sorry to hear about your boy. This must be frustrating. I had a teammate in high school that had a similar issue. He tried using arid extra dry roll on, on his feet. I know He used to put tea bags on the soles of his feet and felt that worked best. I don't know all the details of how exactly he did it, but I remember he used just old school Lipton tea. I hope you find something that works.
      Sophiazw

Hello,  I have palmer/plantar HH and I manage them quite effectively with Iontophoresis.  Its simple and easy to use.  You can go to http://www.sweathelp.org/en/hyperhidrosis-treatments/treatment-overview. to read about the different treatment options.  It may take a few weeks of treatment to manage the sweating but when used properly it works!

Hello,  I have palmer/plantar HH and I manage them quite effectively with Iontophoresis.  Its simple and easy to use.  You can go to http://www.sweathelp.org/en/hyperhidrosis-treatments/treatment-overview. to read about the different treatment options.  It may take a few weeks of treatment to manage the sweating but when used properly it works!

Sophia,

I've never heard of lontophoresis.  I'll look into it.  Thanks for sharing.

I've been to sweathelp.org before as well.

Also, thank you Bruno.  Although our challenge with hyperhidrosis relates to the wet feet becoming too dry and cracked as a result and needing to rehydrate / moisturize them.  Therefore, I don't think the tea bags would work.

Brian

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

backfish

i cannot recommend botox or ets, there are tons of complications and there are much easier ways to get rid of the sweating! at first, try a strong antiperspirant like sweat protect (http://sweat-protect.com) - and if that doesn't help switch to iontophoresis.

if you buy a pulsed current machine, it's completely painless, you can do it at home and there is no compensatory sweating.

You can get good information here: http://iontophoresis-device.com

They have an 8-weeks money-back guarantee, so try it out!

Best wishes and good luck.

jeffdonahue

I have/had something similar, though I dont think mine got as bad as your sons.  My feet would sweat excessively causing the bottoms to get all pitted.  the doctor gave me what was essentially a strong antiperspirant to put on them.  She also suggested that I change socks several times a day.  But after using the rollon she gave me, the problem was gone in a few weeks.

Best of luck