Wow Sugarloaf - Boston plan B race (Read 1254 times)

So I heard Sugarloaf has over 1,000 registered runners now (capped at 1400). Last couple years they've only had 300-400 runners. Big Boston overflow. I hope they're prepared for it. And it's gun time so need to get to the start line a little early.

MTA: I guess they did have over 1,000 last year but expect to surpass that this year. Doesn't break down 15k registrants from marathon registrants. Assuming the increase is marathoners.

Where are people sleeping (lodging) ? There's not  much up there (I have run this one 5 times). Did they open up more ski condos that are normally closed off in May ? Or will there be an "occupy Eustis" environment ?

an amazing likeness

Run from there to there....

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

chubacca

I contacted a race organizer and it seems that almost all of that growth is from an influx of marathoners -- from 392 finishers last year to 780 registrants this year.

I'll be one of them! Looking forward to seeing some (?) of you there!

L Train

Which ones are you not looking forward to seeing? 

xhristopher

Which ones are you not looking forward to seeing? 

As far as I know Trent won't be in Maine this weekend.

MTA: I'll be part of the Boston overflow.

L Train

MTA: I'll be part of the Boston overflow.

This really isn't all that different than any other weekend as it relates to the influx of Massholes.  Make sure to bring your sweet jacket.

xhristopher

This really isn't all that different than any other weekend as it relates to the influx of Massholes.  Make sure to bring your sweet jacket.

I'll have to pick up a sweet jacket from the Kittery outlet as I pass by.

Meh, nevermind

How is Sugarloaf as a race? I've driven through there many times going from Upper Canada to New Brunswick, but never considered racing in Maine.  I didn't even know there was a Sugarloaf marathon.

an amazing likeness

In case you ran Sugarloaf and don't already know these exist, Maine running photos takes lots of free photos of races in Maine and has photos and video of Sugarloaf.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xhristopher

In case you ran Sugarloaf and don't already know these exist, Maine running photos takes lots of free photos of races in Maine and has photos and video of Sugarloaf.

Thanks for pointing out the video. I had no idea I almost ran into a cow bell waver, or perhaps she was just flinching at my smell. It was hard to tell.

Some good pics here too.